Square Enix’s new Luminous Engine demo

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Here's a quick look at Square's Luminous Engine which is planned as a next-gen tech to close the gap between real-time gameplay graphics and pre-rendered cinematics. Square also has exceptions that this latest engine to be scalable, capable of running on low-powered mobile devices as well as high-end consoles and PCs.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

continuum

Enthusiast
Damn. The scalability is what'll be truly impressive.

I wonder what it will look like on the SGX543MP4 in the iPad 3, since I think that'll be the real challenge-- mobile GPU with an insane pixel count.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Damn. The scalability is what'll be truly impressive.

I wonder what it will look like on the SGX543MP4 in the iPad 3, since I think that'll be the real challenge-- mobile GPU with an insane pixel count.
I don't know how it will, but I do know it'll make ipad3 be extra hot and crispy :D;)

C

continuum

Enthusiast
No kidding... mine gets toasty enough playing Warzone Earth. Good thing it's under warranty. :D (or maybe I should cook bacon on the back! ;) )

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Here's a quick look at Square's Luminous Engine which is planned as a next-gen tech to close the gap between real-time gameplay graphics and pre-rendered cinematics. Square also has exceptions that this latest engine to be scalable, capable of running on low-powered mobile devices as well as high-end consoles and PCs.

Pretty cool, but what was supposed to be cut-scene and what was supposed to be game play?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis