Spotting bad deals ! Wow?!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Noob! You've been asking us about this stuff for several months now!

This is just another junk thread! All you did was change the title a little bit!

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
If you are looking for what is good and what is bad, you first need to Google what they are selling if you've never heard of it.

Dahlquist is a great example. There are legitimate reviews out there of their products. You could have Googled that on your own before posting it, but you chose not to.

WHY NOT? You're fingers clearly aren't broken. You can search like a mad man on some sites. Now, try Google!

What's tough is to recognize what a TRUE white van scam product is.

For example:

Then you go to the projector manufacturer's website:

You go "WOW! That's some great stuff and a great price!!!"
You've been duped.

No real reviews in the world. The website, when you start looking around it, you find out that there is no manual. There is not an actual way to get in touch with them. Much of the website is a placeholder from when the site was built. Phone numbers on the website are 100% fake numbers. It's all BS. If you went to any website and asked knowledgeable people, they would tell you that it was a scam. If you did some homework, you would see that these models appear to be the same sub $100 projectors available from China on Amazon.

But, there it is. A complete scam of a product being sold on Craigslist for unsuspecting sucker for $3,500. With a 72" screen!!! Wait, can't I buy a 85" television for less than the $3,500 price they are asking for? Really, this is bad juju.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I don’t know what’ this thing is but looks like a rip off ... junk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
If you are looking for what is good and what is bad, you first need to Google what they are selling if you've never heard of it.

Dahlquist is a great example. There are legitimate reviews out there of their products. You could have Googled that on your own before posting it, but you chose not to.

WHY NOT? You're fingers clearly aren't broken. You can search like a mad man on some sites. Now, try Google!

What's tough is to recognize what a TRUE white van scam product is.

For example:

Then you go to the projector manufacturer's website:

You go "WOW! That's some great stuff and a great price!!!"
You've been duped.

No real reviews in the world. The website, when you start looking around it, you find out that there is no manual. There is not an actual way to get in touch with them. Much of the website is a placeholder from when the site was built. Phone numbers on the website are 100% fake numbers. It's all BS. If you went to any website and asked knowledgeable people, they would tell you that it was a scam. If you did some homework, you would see that these models appear to be the same sub $100 projectors available from China on Amazon.

But, there it is. A complete scam of a product being sold on Craigslist for unsuspecting sucker for $3,500. With a 72" screen!!! Wait, can't I buy a 85" television for less than the $3,500 price they are asking for? Really, this is bad juju.
$1000
Dalq https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/516353159183839/

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
You planning to buy those noob..?
No just someone said this was a good brand , was wondering what you thought about these unusual speakers

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
No just someone said this was a good brand , was wondering what you thought about these unusual speakers

Well... if you Google "Dahlquist" you would see that they are a boutique style speaker and are usually overpriced.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Well... if you Google "Dahlquist" you would see that they are a boutique style speaker and are usually overpriced.
Thanks
Ahh I see a stylistic show speaker but performance wise lacking .
So it’s essentially like Bose and white van speakers haha ??

Last edited:
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
See how easy that was?!
Yeah but how do such terrible speakers brands command such market profit as Bose ? ?? Better sound through marketing haha

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai

Well that takes the cake
Winner winner , stale bread dinner

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I'd take those over that pair of speakers you bought and wanted to fix with the glue and paper "surrounds" any day. The gaskets on those have seen better days, but the cones and surrounds appear to be in one piece to me. Is this just another case of you thinking it's junk because you don't know the brand?

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I'd take those over that pair of speakers you bought and wanted to fix with the glue and paper "surrounds" any day. The gaskets on those have seen better days, but the cones and surrounds appear to be in one piece to me. Is this just another case of you thinking it's junk because you don't know the brand?
Bigger question is why does no one add any posts to here. ? Why does this post exist
Yeah that was my worst blunder , someone on another audio site said .. they are repairable via that method . Later realized I was pranked - should I replace those drivers ? That’s were bad the bass is so good on those ugly speakers , would work well in basement.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Those are both great questions Noob. Why don't you think about them and come up with some answers.
Yeah trying not to fry your brain cells with this stupid topic , junk is abov to be passed on. *¥¥ I’ll only add to this when I find more garbage or decent stuff , before I buy .
Plan on not getting anything that’s junk again ..
No reason to buy junk , my old klipsch icon speakers are only 6 years old . Can always use them or use my bookshelves in another system .

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis