Spotify Bans Hateful Content, NOT Hateful Actions by Artists

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General
Are you saying that you think there's a need to constantly insult people? What happened to constructive criticism?
No, I do not subscribe to the current trend of name calling and all that goes with it.

I do not advocate political correctness either. I figure let people say what they will and respond accordingly.

Sad part is, people insult other people through ignorance and that is a large part of what gave rise to political correctness.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
No, I do not subscribe to the current trend of name calling and all that goes with it.

I do not advocate political correctness either. I figure let people say what they will and respond accordingly.

Sad part is, people insult other people through ignorance and that is a large part of what gave rise to political correctness.
Some people couldn't care that their comments are offensive if their lives depended on it- I have known some and I have also known some who fall into the Homer Simpson group, who might have some kind of inner dialog, but what comes out is exactly what shouldn't. You know, the kind who laugh when they hear of something bad happening to others, blurt out something that's totally inappropriate or have such a limited vocabulary that they come off as too blunt or uncaring.

The part of PC that I hate is when people say they're offended when the comment is factually correct, without ANY errors or derogatory names/words. Stats don't lie, but the interpretation may be worded in a way that comes off as offensive.

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General
Some people couldn't care that their comments are offensive if their lives depended on it- I have known some and I have also known some who fall into the Homer Simpson group, who might have some kind of inner dialog, but what comes out is exactly what shouldn't. You know, the kind who laugh when they hear of something bad happening to others, blurt out something that's totally inappropriate or have such a limited vocabulary that they come off as too blunt or uncaring.
agree

The part of PC that I hate is when people say they're offended when the comment is factually correct, without ANY errors or derogatory names/words. Stats don't lie, but the interpretation may be worded in a way that comes off as offensive.
Factually correct does not take into account cause. Hence an honest report of numbers can be insulting and misleading.
This can lead to a reinforcement of stereotype.
This can indeed be very offensive.

In other words, reciting fact is not always free of biased agenda. in fact it's often a cleaver or just plain simple 'poke" at a group.

The world is a maze of colors, there is no black and white, good or evil, positive or negative.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
The world is a maze of colors, there is no black and white, good or evil, positive or negative.
Opinions vary- good and evil do exist, IMO- history is full of examples. For that matter, the news is filled with both, too. I think people should be less reactive, though- it would prevent a lot of the problems in society.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis