P

penpitt

Audioholic
No, I'm not talking about the movie. I recently had a MRI done and it showed a few lesions on the brain. I have some symptoms of multiple sclerosis which correspond with the lesions, all on the left side of the brain and symptoms on the right side, mainly in the legs. Anyways, the neurologist ordered a spinal tap for me and it is to be done Thursday. I was wondering if any of you have had one, and if so is it painful?

CraigV

CraigV

Audioholic General
My wife has. It was quite painful at the time, but it was necessary, and she recovered quickly. I wouldn’t worry too much - if it’s necessary, get it done & over with sooner rather than later.

P

penpitt

Audioholic
Maybe I can milk the pain aspect of it a little longer and get some sympathy from my wife. I think a nice foot rub would do nice.

L

LabRat

Audioholic Intern
Good Luck

I'm sure it won't be a walk in the park. But I agree w/ CraigV's comment. The more they know the better they can take care of you.

Best wishes, I hope all goes well.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Sorry to hear of your news.I hope everything will be ok and you are in my thoughts ............

P

penpitt

Audioholic
Had it done yesterday and it didn't go too bad. I had a few painful winces but that was it. However today my back is stiff as heck. Hopefully I can work that out before work tomorrow.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Had it done yesterday and it didn't go too bad. I had a few painful winces but that was it. However today my back is stiff as heck. Hopefully I can work that out before work tomorrow.
Sounds like a good chance to fire up the movies.

Biggiesized

Biggiesized

Senior Audioholic
My brother gets them regularly (he has ALL), but I think he's quite used to them. They are painful.

D

Dsav101

Audioholic Intern
I am someone who works in Interventional Radiology and we do spinal taps all the time. It is honestly the "easiest" procedure we do there. For 99% of the population the most common side effect is the headache. Some small pain is to be expected as there is a needle going into your spinal canal, but it is usually either a 22ga or 20ga max needle so the risks are minimized. Headaches and some localized pain are the most common so hopefully your soreness goes away fast and you are good to go!

Don

P

penpitt

Audioholic
The soreness was gone yesterday. Now all I have to do is wait for the results which hopefully will be sometime this week.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis