M

mclmk8d

Enthusiast
I was thinking about your viewpoints also...I'm sure many of you on the board have listend to tons of speakers and formed opinions...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I was thinking about your viewpoints also...I'm sure many of you on the board have listend to tons of speakers and formed opinions...
Our viewpoints matter little compared to how you like the speakers. I wouldn't place too much on just showroom listening, either. Personally rarely get a chance to go listen to various speakers, don't live anywhere near such a place these days.

S

shkumar4963

Audioholic
Altho he wants standmounts. Not sure why he thinks towers take up so much more room OTOH. The JBL sale at newegg is a flash deal https://flash.newegg.com/Product/9SIA5Z26586943
Visually standmounts are a lot less imposing in a room than floor standing speakers. And they can also be placed on other furniture (as I found out later) without much loss in sound quality.

But I would recommend deciding early on if the standmounts will be used with a sub or not. If they are, don't waste money buying a standmounts with fuller frequency coverage. Rather spend all your money on buying the best speaker with 80+ Hz performance (like ls50). But if no sub is being planned, buy a speaker with a fuller range , at least till 50 Hz or lower.

Also I will audition the speakers with the correct set up. It was hard for me to judge the quality of my ls50 until I had a sub playing with it.

Of course, just my opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

S

shkumar4963

Audioholic
Width of space is 80", cabinet is 60 inches
In this space, most speakers will sound much different than what they sound at the shop. It is because frequencies below 100 will create room modes and sound boomy. Make sure that you make the speaker selection after listening to them in your place.

S

shkumar4963

Audioholic
Visually standmounts are a lot less imposing in a room than floor standing speakers. And they can also be placed on other furniture (as I found out later) without much loss in sound quality.

But I would recommend deciding early on if the standmounts will be used with a sub or not. If they are, don't waste money buying a standmounts with fuller frequency coverage. Rather spend all your money on buying the best speaker with 80+ Hz performance (like ls50). But if no sub is being planned, buy a speaker with a fuller range , at least till 50 Hz or lower.

Also I will audition the speakers with the correct set up. It was hard for me to judge the quality of my ls50 until I had a sub playing with it.

Of course, just my opinion.

When I wrote this, I had not seen the pic that you had posted.

For your space , really look at ls50 or smaller speakers from CM line. Also, probably would not need a very powerful amp either. But do look for Audyssey xt32. It does a marvelous job of room correction for smaller rooms. Also two small subs will provide better bass uniformity.

N

nickwin

Junior Audioholic
You might want to consider powered monitors too. They are generally designed to be placed close to the listener.

I like the Emotiva stealth 6s and they are a good match for your genres. They are relitvily compact but with solid bass. You may not need a sub in that small space. If you do get a sub go for two smaller ones instead of one bigger one.

Ls50 is another good suggestion.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis