Speakers similar to Ascend CMT-340se

N

NorCalRP

Full Audioholic
Any out there? I like the dual 6.5"s given the relatively compact size. Can't really find the DefTec SM65's anywhere, so just wondering if there's anything else out there similarly priced. I'm definitely leaning towards getting the Ascends, but want to be thorough in my research.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Any out there? I like the dual 6.5"s given the relatively compact size. Can't really find the DefTec SM65's anywhere, so just wondering if there's anything else out there similarly priced. I'm definitely leaning towards getting the Ascends, but want to be thorough in my research.
I have owned the Ascend 340 SE's across the front with the 170 SE's in the rear. To be honest, I was NOT too impressed. In fact, I was coming from a set of the Paradigm Studio 20 v.3's. Unfortunately, I dranked the kool-aid and bought into that "the 170's are so much better than the Studio 20's AND the 340's are so much better than the Studio 40's" thing. Needless to say, I could NOT disagree more.

The recommendation of the RBH's above is a very good one and should be highly considered. There is also the Chane A2.4's you might want to check out. I have owned them and I assure you they are MUCH better than the 340 SE's inmho. Here is a link if you are interested:

https://www.chanemusiccinema.com/A2.4

Best wishes to you on making your decision!:)

Cheers,

Phil

N

NorCalRP

Full Audioholic
I have owned the Ascend 340 SE's across the front with the 170 SE's in the rear. To be honest, I was NOT too impressed. In fact, I was coming from a set of the Paradigm Studio 20 v.3's. Unfortunately, I dranked the kool-aid and bought into that "the 170's are so much better than the Studio 20's AND the 340's are so much better than the Studio 40's" thing. Needless to say, I could NOT disagree more.

The recommendation of the RBH's above is a very good one and should be highly considered. There is also the Chane A2.4's you might want to check out. I have owned them and I assure you they are MUCH better than the 340 SE's inmho. Here is a link if you are interested:

https://www.chanemusiccinema.com/A2.4

Best wishes to you on making your decision!:)

Cheers,

Phil
I looked at the Chanes. Look very interesting indeed and folks beam about them. While I'm captivated by the idea of matching, vertically oriented, I can pick up some Paradigm Mini Monitors and a Center for $600, so I'm probably going to go that route, then possibly (probably:D) upgrade in the future. Thank God I never got tattoos and started that expensive addiction, haha!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I looked at the Chanes. Look very interesting indeed and folks beam about them. While I'm captivated by the idea of matching, vertically oriented, I can pick up some Paradigm Mini Monitors and a Center for $600, so I'm probably going to go that route, then possibly (probably:D) upgrade in the future. Thank God I never got tattoos and started that expensive addiction, haha!
I also owned the Mini Monitor v.3's and the CC170 IIRC. Was using the Atoms in the rear. Sounded decent. I even was using a Paradigm PS1000 10" sub......LOL!!! Sounds like you got it figured out. Best wishes!:)

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis