A

Andy Verdy

Enthusiast
My current setup
Marantz 8012 AVR
Klipsch 5000F and 500C as LCR
Surround Klipsch 500M
Subwoofer SV 2000 Pro — Just bought it in replace of 100SW

I want to upgrade my mains with more focus on 2ch music.

My room is far from perfect; open space 12x24 with listening zone 12x12

I don't have any room treatment, only soft furniture, carpet, and heavy curtains, and I'm not planning to do any.

The aesthetic aspect to me as important as sound quality, and I'm not ready to sacrifice room comfort.

I was thinking about Klipsch 8000F, which I actually ordered but they arrived damaged so I returned them, But I was able t listen to them. And I pretty much liked what I heard, but vocals.
Anyway, those HUGE speakers for my room, and I'm not willing to buy them again.

So I was thinking about smaller 6000F, but as 8000F, I will not be able to place them further than 10 in away from the wall.
So I thought about a pair of bookshelves speakers, KEF LS50, Klipsch 600M

any suggestions?

Attachments

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord

A

Andy Verdy

Enthusiast
Pinnacle might work

I used to have Paradigm 800F in my previous apartment hooked to the same 8012 but with anthem 325, and two SVS 3000 (sold them when mother to a smaller apartment, and you know didn't regret, maybe because I paid full price for them)))
Klipsch 8000F are better to my ears.

A

Andy Verdy

Enthusiast
Any bookshelves recommendations?
The main issue with towers is that I will not be able to place them properly when bookshelves are easily manageable.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord

Last edited:
R

Russdawg1

Full Audioholic
A lot of the Ascend offerings are really good.

Stay away from the Luna/Duo if you don’t have size restraints though.

Dennis at Philharmonic is getting much closer to getting his stuff out here and up for sale.

A

Andy Verdy

Enthusiast
Hmmm, I didn't consider SVS; skiped them somehow; looks very promising.
I don't want to go back to Paradigm, and the rest offers are not aesthetically pleasing to me

vader540is

vader540is

Full Audioholic
Chane 752

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
How is the KEF speaker so much worse than your linked speakers?
Better then the Philharmonic or Canton? Come on the tweeters alone in these speakers should justify that statement. Even the SVS tweeter

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Better then the Philharmonic or Canton? Come on the tweeters alone in these speakers should justify that statement. Even the SVS tweeter
Can you tell me what is so wrong with the KEF tweeter? I never heard anything wrong on the many occasions I have heard KEF speakers, and the measurements of that series of drivers don't indicate any significant shortcomings.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
No one said there is anything wrong with it. But there sure isn't anything Special about it either.

K

kini

Full Audioholic
So an off the shelf inexpensive tweeter in the SVS is for sure better than the in house designed tweeter in the Kef? I'm sure the rest of the off the shelf SVS components are better too. Kef does little R&D regarding their UniQ drivers. As opposed SVS which just buys some low cost components and sticks them in a box. :rolleyes:

K

kini

Full Audioholic
I agree. The crossover is also made of cheap parts.
How do you know? Do you also know what parts the crossovers in the other mentioned speakers consist of? Just the fact that the Canton's can be had NIB for half of retail says something. That's more of a mark up than even Klipsch.

vader540is

vader540is

Full Audioholic
How do you know? Do you also know what parts the crossovers in the other mentioned speakers consist of? Just the fact that the Canton's can be had NIB for half of retail says something. That's more of a mark up than even Klipsch.
I've owned them before.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
So an off the shelf inexpensive tweeter in the SVS is for sure better than the in house designed tweeter in the Kef? I'm sure the rest of the off the shelf SVS components are better too. Kef does little R&D regarding their UniQ drivers. As opposed SVS which just buys some low cost components and sticks them in a box. :rolleyes:
And you know for sure what Tweeter SVS is using you know this how?
You see I just spoke with Ed Mullen a few weeks ago about this tweeter so I don't know where you got your information from

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis