Speakers position in a small game/movie room

Y

youcef

Audiophyte
Hello everyone,

So I have a quite small room (3,50m/11'4" x 3,4m/11'1") that is used for gaming and movie watching and also for some home office.
I have included a design of my room and my current installation. The room is quite square shaped because the long side loses 15cm (half a feet) because of the heater taking up a bit of the space.

Now because I have a longchair couch, next to the door, where I want to sit and watch movies on, I am not sitting in the middle of the room. Since I cannot put the longchair in the middle of the room(because of the door), the speakers are not symmetrical towards me. Is this a problem?

If it is a problem, can I just put all the front speakers a bit more to the left so that they are symmetrical to me? This would mean that the speaker towers are not symmetrical vis a vis the room. Is this a problem?

If both are problematic, is there a better way?

Attachments

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Just a question why can't you move the TV and Front speakers to what is now a side wall?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Asymmetrical speaker placement will pull the sound more to one side than the other. You can kind of compensate with distance and loudness for the far channels. Here is something that a room compensation program like Audyssey could be useful for a change.

Y

youcef

Audiophyte
Just a question why can't you move the TV and Front speakers to what is now a side wall?
Because A) the speakers would face the window? is that not a bad thing? and B) the speakers would be against the wall with the other bedroom , which would probably create too much noise ?

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Because A) the speakers would face the window? is that not a bad thing?

and B) the speakers would be against the wall with the other bedroom , which would probably create too much noise ?
A) Curtains

B) Sound waves (low frequencies) travel. Nothing you can do about that. Acoustic Panels might help

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis