Speakers for Yamaha RX-V2500 Receiver

N

nanda

Audiophyte
I am a newbie.Planning to buy Yamaha RX-V2500 Receiver . But I have no idea to select the right speakers.
I am planning to install in my living room. Size of the room is 8 ft length, 6 ft breadth and 16 ft height.

Please help me in selecting the right brand, quality, and the right spec.

Thanks
Nanda

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
can we get a check on those measurements ? 6 x 8 is not a very big floor space... typo, maybe ? :confused:

G

golfhack

Audioholic Intern
Could be...or he may be in jail. Just kidding Nanda. :D Polks go good with Yamahas...there not too high priced either. ;)

N

nanda

Audiophyte
I made some mistakes in measurements. It is 10 ft length and 8 ft breadth and approx 12 ft height

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
nanda said:
I am a newbie.Planning to buy Yamaha RX-V2500 Receiver . But I have no idea to select the right speakers.
I am planning to install in my living room. Size of the room is 8 ft length, 6 ft breadth and 16 ft height.

Please help me in selecting the right brand, quality, and the right spec.

Thanks
Nanda
Nanda, you have the cart before the horse, let me explain. The receiver has little to do with the sound you hear when you have your system set up. Speaker choice and room acoustics is 95% of it. The process goes like this; go to every audio store in your area that you can and audition as many speakers as you can in your price range and pick the ones that sound the best to you. Only after you have selected your speakers do you pick a receiver. The receiver you choose will be one that has enough power to drive the speakers you have chosen and has the features you want. You mate the receiver to the speakers you have chosen, not the other way around.

Hope this helps to get you started.

G

golfhack

Audioholic Intern
Oh yeah, I didn't notice that he hasn't purchased the receiver yet (I thought he already did). Nick250 is absolutely right!!! Place the speakers of higher importance than the receiver (i.e. spend a bigger chunk of your budget on the speakers and subwoofer if purchasing one). :)

N

nanda

Audiophyte
Thank you folks for the information. Can anyone provide the website address to buy quality speakers?

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
Also check out speakers from Paradigm, Canton Def Tech and Yamaha's own NS-777 or NS-6HX/8HX

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis