Speakers for heavy metal?

S

Sassafras LLC

Audioholic Intern
I just picked up a Yamaha as801. It appears to have decent clean power. Any suggestions for some speakers that will soothe my appetite for death and black metal? I used to own Klipsch rf-83 towers and I wasn't overly impressed with them. I know people tend to recommend high efficient speakers for that type of music. I don't have a subwoofer at this time Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
I am running the Monolith Encore T6! Slayer slays! Sounds great. :D

Some Opeth! With the A-S801 and T6. Flat.

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I just picked up a Yamaha as801. It appears to have decent clean power. Any suggestions for some speakers that will soothe my appetite for death and black metal? I used to own Klipsch rf-83 towers and I wasn't overly impressed with them. I know people tend to recommend high efficient speakers for that type of music. I don't have a subwoofer at this time Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.
Maybe some JBL 590’s.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
How loud do you like to listen?

S

Sassafras LLC

Audioholic Intern
How loud do you like to listen?
Moderate to loud. Sometimes I like to really crank it. I have a really nice sound quality system in my car and I tend to turn it up more than most people are comfortable with LOL.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Moderate to loud. Sometimes I like to really crank it. I have a really nice sound quality system in my car and I tend to turn it up more than most people are comfortable with LOL.
What is your budget? What didn't impress you about the Klipsch speakers? Were they too bright or harsh for your tastes? Are you willing to use a subwoofer?

S

Sassafras LLC

Audioholic Intern
What is your budget? What didn't impress you about the Klipsch speakers? Were they too bright or harsh for your tastes? Are you willing to use a subwoofer?
That particular model seemed more suited for home theater. The kick drum was pretty weak definitely have any type of extended base. I was using emotivo power amp so they were getting plenty of power. I don't know they just sounded thin to me. Yes I am definitely open to using a subwoofer. I don't know what my budget is but I don't want to go too crazy but also don't want to compromise.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
The JBL studio 698 towers their new flagship in that lineup. I own 3 am actually going to put these on the market to sell. Only because they had TOO MUCH output for the room they were in I loved these speakers very much. if you want a speaker that is efficient can crank and sound very accurate at high output levels these are your speakers

Attachments

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
This is a shot at them with the grill on which is attached with magnets

Really for the price and what you want I don't think they can be beat. That compression driver just is perfect for rock. And they slam with the drums cross them over with a sub or 2? Oh sh$t even more output as if they need any. They extend all the way to 30 Hz in the room I had them in

Attachments

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Brother you have no idea if I had enough room for them I'd never be selling these
I would love to take them off your hands. But…life. My s-312II’s will have to keep working for awhile.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis