Speakers for baffle wall - Arendal 1723 THX or Polk R700

C

Catalystoffire

Audiophyte
I’m looking to upgrade the speakers in my home theater and considering doing a baffle wall.

Currently my projector screen is on a 14 foot wide false wall. I did the false wall because the sloped ceiling height where the real wall is is 7 ft and the ceiling height is 8.5 ft where the false wall is. I’m looking to now move to an acoustically transparent screen with speakers behind it. Between the Arendal 1723 and R700, is one more suited to being between the false wall and the real wall (the depth of space between the real and false wall is 20”)? Also, my seating is 15 ft from the screen wall and we have seating that is 16 ft wide, so curious which speaker has better dispersion characteristics for that type of layout.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Tried the R700s and 1723s in my 2 channel system. Went with the Arendals. Better dynamics including sweeter highs and better bass. The soundstage was wider and higher too. They look better too. Had the R700s in brown vinyl with the gray front cover. It looked cheaper. The Arendals in satin black and matching cover look better. Can’t comment on baffle wall or home theater. The good thing is both companies will give you 60 days to try them at home and you can return free of charge. So try them both and you’ll know what sounds and works best in your room. Good luck!

D

DanH72

Audiophyte
The Arendals are built better than the Polks by quite a wide margin. FYI

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis