Speakercraft? anyone know about this brand?

A

Achilles

Enthusiast
Audioholics,

I am changing from my old 5.1 to a 7.1 and going with all in-ceiling speakers. My local HT store is trying to push speakercraft speakers on me but I can't find much info about them. Anyone have any experience or know if these are any good? (mainly going to be used for movies with a different make powered sub)

Thanks

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Audioholics,

I am changing from my old 5.1 to a 7.1 and going with all in-ceiling speakers. My local HT store is trying to push speakercraft speakers on me but I can't find much info about them. Anyone have any experience or know if these are any good? (mainly going to be used for movies with a different make powered sub)

Thanks
Can you demo them?

A

Achilles

Enthusiast
I did not think about that. I'll have to check. Would probably be stupid to buy anything without checking it out myself!

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I did not think about that. I'll have to check. Would probably be stupid to buy anything without checking it out myself!
Yes that's like buying a car without test driving it. Except you are cutting holes in your house. Speakers should not be noticeable when listening. To do this well. Just close your eyes and listen to the music. If your watching a move. Watch the movie. Which speakers captivate you the most. Which ones are the most realistic.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Audioholics,

Thanks
Have you bothered to google the brand, to find out about the company?

http://www.speakercraft.com/

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
You can do a search for them here on AH. They are suppose to be really something for in ceiling speakers. I have never heard them.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
SpeakerCraft is some of the best in-ceilings on the market. Steven's complete system is built around them.

I use them in my bedroom set up, they are very nice.

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
Audioholics,

Thanks
I'm pretty sure Mazer has them, may want to ask him.

T

TheThing

Audiophyte
Speakercraft is America's original manufacturer of in-wall speaker solutions. Founded in 1976 as an audio retailer, Speakercraft went on to design and build in-wall speakers for a variety of other companies as an OEM manufacturer. In 1994 they began to sell the speakers they'd been designing and building for other companies under their own name and now are the world's leading manufacturer of custom installation products. Company is based out of Riverside California. Good customer service.

Lifetime warranty
AIM series is the only line of speakers I believe to be completely directional

Nice speakers

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis