Speaker upgrade or downgrade??

maximoiglesias

maximoiglesias

Audioholic
Finally I am upgrading my HT system.
Just got a Yamaha upconverting 1080 DVD player (SA-CD and DVD-A)
I have a Sony Blue ray player on the way.
A Sony Bravia 40 HD LCD ready to be delivered.

And I want to change my fronts but availability of speakers in my country is very limited and the cost of shipping from the USA is very high.

My only affordable options are:
Klipsch RB-61 bookshelves or JBL Stadium

What is better for a small listening room, 15 feet by 12 feet.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Finally I am upgrading my HT system.
Just got a Yamaha upconverting 1080 DVD player (SA-CD and DVD-A)
I have a Sony Blue ray player on the way.
A Sony Bravia 40 HD LCD ready to be delivered.

And I want to change my fronts but availability of speakers in my country is very limited and the cost of shipping from the USA is very high.

My only affordable options are:
Klipsch RB-61 bookshelves or JBL Stadium

What is better for a small listening room, 15 feet by 12 feet.
You'll have to aution them for yorelf to find out what you like better. Try and see if the delaers of tehse speakers will let you try an in home audition. I ten to shy away from Klipsch as I find teh horn loaded tweeter a bit too bright for my tastes.

maximoiglesias

maximoiglesias

Audioholic
Athena WS 100

How about Athena WS-100?? Any good??

They seem flimsy in their ads.

maximoiglesias

maximoiglesias

Audioholic
Tnanks...................

Thanks for the huge amount of replies I got from my question.....You guys are great help!!

Anyways, thanks to other forums, maybe less xenophobic, I was able to find a great replacement for my Klipsch RB-51 fronts.

Just got myself the RB-75, a hell of a bookshelf speaker!!.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Thanks for the huge amount of replies I got from my question.....You guys are great help!!

Anyways, thanks to other forums, maybe less xenophobic, I was able to find a great replacement for my Klipsch RB-51 fronts.

Just got myself the RB-75, a hell of a bookshelf speaker!!.
Sorry we didn't jump through enough hoops of fire for you in four whole days, but we don't care what someone looks like, their age, sex, or anything else. If you want to be sarcastic when people don't know what to recommend, based on what's available in your location, go ahead. Just don't expect an instant response when you don't tell us what you have available. Even you would have to admit that "but availability of speakers in my country is very limited and the cost of shipping from the USA is very high." isn't enough to allow making a recommendation.

maximoiglesias

maximoiglesias

Audioholic
Sorry we didn't jump through enough hoops of fire for you in four whole days, but we don't care what someone looks like, their age, sex, or anything else. If you want to be sarcastic when people don't know what to recommend, based on what's available in your location, go ahead. Just don't expect an instant response when you don't tell us what you have available. Even you would have to admit that "but availability of speakers in my country is very limited and the cost of shipping from the USA is very high." isn't enough to allow making a recommendation.
No hard feelings at all, I was just being a bit sarcastic.

D

dmpljim

Audiophyte
An audition would be the best way to go, but if not possible, I would definitely go with the Klipsch.

maximoiglesias

maximoiglesias

Audioholic
Klipsch it is!

An audition would be the best way to go, but if not possible, I would definitely go with the Klipsch.
Thanks very much for your comments.

Had the opportunity to finally get the Klipsch RB-75, same drivers and technology as the famous RF-7. One of the Best bookshelf speakers around.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis