B

Boonefork

Audiophyte
I have a Sherwood receiver connected to an iPod and Sony Speakers. I also got an esinken bluetooth adapter.
I thought the Sonys were failing and bought a pair of i-box bluetooth speakers. I am a rank neophyte and can’t figure out how to get everything working. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not much to go on. Specific models of gear might help. How you're trying to connect things now would help too (with specifics as to what ports/type of connectors/settings).

B

Boonefork

Audiophyte
The way I’m setup now the receiver uses RCA jacks with bare wire ends to the Sony speakers. The iPod is plugged into the receiver with RCA jacks in two of the input ports.

For the bluetooth active speakers the right speaker has ports and controls and a bare wire end connection to the left speaker.

The bluetooth adapter has RCA jacks and its own power connection.

In retrospect what I should have bought was two passive speakers with no bluetooth. All ai want is to have the four speakers working. I was hoping that the bluetooth would allow me to place the esinken bluetooth speakers anywhere I want without speaker wires to worry about. I just don’t know how to do that.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What model speakers particularly? What model of receiver? RCA jacks and bare wire ends?

B

Boonefork

Audiophyte
What model speakers particularly? What model of receiver? RCA jacks and bare wire ends?
The i-box speaker model is i-box Shelf. The Sony speakers are old and I have no idea what the model would be. I don’t understand your last question.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The i-box speaker model is i-box Shelf. The Sony speakers are old and I have no idea what the model would be. I don’t understand your last question.
Again, what model is the receiver? What rca jacks on the Sherwood are you using to connect the speakers (normally rca and bare wire ends do not mix). Look on the Sony speakers themselves for a model number....but at least advise if these are these passive or powered speakers (passive speakers have no amp of their own).

Is the bluetooth adapter (again, make and model would help) a transmitter or a receiver? You need a transmitter and the receiver needs an appropriate output....

B

Boonefork

Audiophyte
The Sony speakers are model numberSS-U5030 and the Sherwood receiver is model number RX-4105.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks. Now I can see what we're working with.

1/ For using the Sony speakers you'll need to buy some speaker cable/wire (lamp cord would work fine, too so even your local hardware store can help out). Bare the ends at each end of an appropriate length (wire strippers are a nice thing to have but you could carefully use a knife), one end to the labeled "speakers" output terminals for speaker set "A" (the spring clips) on the back of the Sherwood, the other end to the speaker's terminals. Keep polarity (+/-) same with each connection. You can download the manual for this unit at hifiengine.com btw, and it also explains how to connect your speakers.

2/ For attaching the bluetooth adapter (hopefully it is a transmitter) to the receiver I would still like to see the specific unit so I can see what it's about, but you should be able to get appropriate rca cables (intact) and go from either the tape or vcr rca outputs to the bluetooth device assuming it has rca inputs.

B

Boonefork

Audiophyte
Thanks. Now I can see what we're working with.

1/ For using the Sony speakers you'll need to buy some speaker cable/wire (lamp cord would work fine, too so even your local hardware store can help out). Bare the ends at each end of an appropriate length (wire strippers are a nice thing to have but you could carefully use a knife), one end to the labeled "speakers" output terminals for speaker set "A" (the spring clips) on the back of the Sherwood, the other end to the speaker's terminals. Keep polarity (+/-) same with each connection. You can download the manual for this unit at hifiengine.com btw, and it also explains how to connect your speakers.

2/ For attaching the bluetooth adapter (hopefully it is a transmitter) to the receiver I would still like to see the specific unit so I can see what it's about, but you should be able to get appropriate rca cables (intact) and go from either the tape or vcr rca outputs to the bluetooth device assuming it has rca inputs.
Thank you for your help and your perseverance. I’ve obviously got a lot to learn.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis