Speaker Selector Help With VSX1019h

K

Kwcook

Audiophyte
In my office I have my audio cabinet
I have 5.1 installed to the receiver
I have speakers also in 3 other rooms
I am wanting to run the speaker selector with the three other rooms and my office
How should I wire my office with 5 speakers into the selector? Do I need to?
Can you use a terminal bus to bring the speakers together then out with one positive and negative?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Connect the 5.1 audio normally to the A/V receiver.

Connect the surround back speaker outputs from the receiver to a 1x3 or larger speaker selector.
If you don't have volume controls in the rooms, then purchase a speaker selector with volume controls built in, otherwise a standard speaker selector may be used.
For example: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Niles-SSVC-4-Speaker-Selector-with-Volume-Controls/163243017652?epid=1000294525&hash=item26020ac5b4:g:uZcAAOSw6fpbZy0o

The surround back speaker goes into the speaker selector, then each pair of speakers in the other three rooms comes off of the speaker selector.

You likely need to have analog audio hooked up to the receiver to play back audio in the three additional rooms. This seems to match what the manual indicates on page 31.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
With the meager amount of information you’ve given us for the receiver, all we can do is give broad, general advice:

If the receiver has Zone 2 outputs, it would be best to utilize a second amp for the other rooms. The speaker selector could connect to that amp. The other speakers can stay connected to the receiver as they already are.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis