speaker questions and HT set up

K

kirpal

Audiophyte
•New to the forum. I am not an audiophile myself but would love to enjoy movies, TV shows and sports ( less frequent). Not into gaming consoles.
•Attached picture shows my living room -20x50-open floor plan that has dining and kitchen behind this. I have photoshoped the area with floating cabinets that will eventually go there (sorry its pretty bad but will give you an idea.). I want to add 5.1.2 Dolby atmos system here. Here is my proposed plan. My budget for each line item is given below. What you guys think?

If you guys have few more hundreds dollars to spend, what would you upgrade to; Do you think following combination of speaker would work great? All speakers have to be in wall preferably or at least on-wall due to WAF.

•L and R front speaker (in wall- To be wired during the instal) will go on either side of the window. These are separated by 18 foot to get better stereo separation. The MLP is about 16-18 foot; close to an equilateral triangle from the MLP. There is no space just next to the TV for the speakers assuming a 77”” TV. I would like these speakers to have pivoting tweeters/woofers so I can direct it to the center of the room towards the main seating location. Focal has pivoting tweeters but others don’t (as far as I understand it). My budget is given at the end below for each set of speakers.
•FL and FR: Focal 100 IW 6 (other options: B &W CWM652 or polk 265-LS or Bose 891 or sonance) (my budget is about $600)

•Center speaker (has to be on wall) will be just below the TV; Cant accommodate the in-wall speaker due to stud placement issue.
•Center: Klipsch RP-640D ( other options: KEF T-301C, polk 255c-LS ($600)

•Dolby Atmos speakers (red-pre wired) will be in-ceiling and are pre-wired (these were supposed to be the front speakers in a typical 5.1 system).
•Front height (Atmos); C34E in ceiling speaker ($250)

•The surround speakers (pre-wired) can’t really see them in the picture) at highlighted in the green and are 1.5 to 2 feet behind the main seating area. These are pre-wired and in-ceiling. Can go with another set of C34E for these as well.
•Surround back L and R: C34E in ceiling speaker ($250)

•Subwoofer (prewired to the side of the room but I would like to have the option of wireless to get the best placement location)
•: SVS PB-1000 Pro (About $ 600)any other considerations?)

•Receiver;
•Yamaha V6A /TSR 700 (budget about $600) any other suggestions?)

•TV: LG-OLED: 77 inch: C1 model from this year or GX model from previous year- About $3200;

Attachments

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Spartan
Hello and welcome. Having the surrounds in the ceiling while also using front presence speakers in ceiling will cause some object placement issues. The surrounds should be at or just above ear level to the sides of the seating arrangement. Because the front ceiling speakers are so close to the front wall, they would be better configured as Front Presence speakers in the Yamaha settings rather than Overhead speakers as they are too far in front to be designated Overhead but are close enough to the front wall to be designated Front Presence Speakers. Surround Back or Back Surround speaker terminology should only be used when referring to those back speakers in a 7.1 or more setup. Any surround speakers in a 5.1 or 5.1.X setup should be referred to simply as Surround speakers.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis