W

wolfenstien

Audiophyte
Hey guys,
New to the forum. I am looking for some help with my pc speakers. I have a set of Kilpsch Speakers with a sub. They stopped working awhile back so I messed with them for awhile. The power light on the speaker was off so my guess was a loose solder. The funny thing is the I get a little bit of sound out of them. More sound comes out on off volume and it gets less and less as I turn the volume up. So yesterday I pulled the speakers and sub out and plugged it all in turned it on, worked great. Listened to tunes all evening. The next morning I woke up and the power light was back off. I checked the cords and circut breaker and found nothing out of place. Still does the same thing as before with the volume. It almost a whisper that you hear though. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. Thank You.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hey guys,
New to the forum. I am looking for some help with my pc speakers. I have a set of Kilpsch Speakers with a sub. They stopped working awhile back so I messed with them for awhile. The power light on the speaker was off so my guess was a loose solder. The funny thing is the I get a little bit of sound out of them. More sound comes out on off volume and it gets less and less as I turn the volume up. So yesterday I pulled the speakers and sub out and plugged it all in turned it on, worked great. Listened to tunes all evening. The next morning I woke up and the power light was back off. I checked the cords and circut breaker and found nothing out of place. Still does the same thing as before with the volume. It almost a whisper that you hear though. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. Thank You.
Do those speakers have an auto on circuit?

W

wolfenstien

Audiophyte
Do those speakers have an auto on circuit?
I have no idea what you are talking about. The only thing that is in the back of the sub is a fuse plug, and the place to insert the speaker wires and power cord, pre am input, and an on off switch. Nothing says auto anything. So I would assume no, but since I don't know what that is I could be wrong. The sub says it is a promedia 2.1 on the back. V2.1 numver is 04370478 and the CSA project number is 205697. Thanks

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

I have no idea what you are talking about. The only thing that is in the back of the sub is a fuse plug, and the place to insert the speaker wires and power cord, pre am input, and an on off switch. Nothing says auto anything. So I would assume no, but since I don't know what that is I could be wrong. The sub says it is a promedia 2.1 on the back. V2.1 numver is 04370478 and the CSA project number is 205697. Thanks
Is this your unit?

It does not seem to have an auto on.

May be you have a break in your power cord? Try wiggling it if you can.

If this makes it cut in and out, open the unit up and test the power cord for intermittent continuity, with a multimeter. You can get one at Radio Shack.

If the power cord is the problem have it replaced. If the power cord is not the problem, it is not worth the cost to fix it.

B

blasf69

Audiophyte
Hello, I know I'm bumping a 4 year old thread, but I am having the EXACT same issues with my set of Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 computer speakers. printed on the sub: csa project 205697 v2.101032157

I am currently attempting to diagnose the power cord as the issue.. Is there anything else that may be causing the problem?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Hello, I know I'm bumping a 4 year old thread, but I am having the EXACT same issues with my set of Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 computer speakers. printed on the sub: csa project 205697 v2.101032157

I am currently attempting to diagnose the power cord as the issue.. Is there anything else that may be causing the problem?
Yes, the unit is toast.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis