Speaker level matching

62InHomeTheater

Enthusiast
Okay I watched the video on using the Audessey editor app. What I have a question about is this , if you use the manual speaker level to set your levels you disengage the Audessey settings.
So if you use a pink noise , like on a Atmos demo disc you can run a test tone for your setup. You still have to open the manual speaker level to adjust the trim. As soon pick a speaker it uses the AVRs pink noise which disengages the Audessey. So how do you recommend doing this? Am I just missing something here.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I can adjust my speaker trims without disengaging Aud.

What's your AVR?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I can adjust my speaker trims without disengaging Aud.

What's your AVR?
I think he wants to measure levels as Audyssey "set" them but when you run the avr test tones, they are just test tones separate from Audyssey settings, why the big concern about levels I'm not particularly sure. I can't think of why you couldn't just set levels the way you want to and still run Audyssey, tho.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Sounds like something I wouldn't worry about. Audyssey is pretty good with levels and distance.

You can adjust levels in the option menu too. Push the option button then "channel level adjust".

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I think he wants to measure levels as Audyssey "set" them but when you run the avr test tones, they are just test tones separate from Audyssey settings, why the big concern about levels I'm not particularly sure. I can't think of why you couldn't just set levels the way you want to and still run Audyssey, tho.
Right, but an SPL meter should be able to confirm the settings, ya? :) I can check speaker levels with pink noise generated through the AVR to Aud’s settings... make adjustments if needed.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
If it ain't broke, why check it? I mean, if it sounds good, then a manual check is redundant.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Right, but an SPL meter should be able to confirm the settings, ya? :) I can check speaker levels with pink noise generated through the AVR to Aud’s settings... make adjustments if needed.
Was thinking of an older avr where the test tone levels are dictated by the current master volume.....and maybe just thinking of manual setup altogether :) It's late :) Just checked test tone levels in my newest Denon and when I check the master volume it does indicate reference level....I'll go play with the older ones later to see what I'm thinking of.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If it ain't broke, why check it? I mean, if it sounds good, then a manual check is redundant.
That's more along what I was thinking, what's wrong with the levels? if there's something sounding off balance perhaps, or you just want to tweak a level for personal taste then maybe....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis