Speaker issue or Receiver?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No. It barely gets to that part of the indicator light... If this amp is producing this much power at this price.... what is the trade off with other class amps like Emotivas? I have never heard those so and just wondering.
Sounds like you have it set well then. Not sure what you mean by other "class" amps....you mean classes like A, A/B, D, G, H, etc? They are different power supply/amp topologies. :) Try this http://www.audioholics.com/audio-amplifier/amplifier-classes

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
No. It barely gets to that part of the indicator light... If this amp is producing this much power at this price.... what is the trade off with other class amps like Emotivas? I have never heard those so and just wondering.
Aside from what HD has already covered, if you meant comparing home audio and pro audio, I think the trade off is, with the Crown either you not keen on sound quality or if you are, then you need to read and educate yourself about the marketing hypes and forum talks/hearsay going around for years. Those unsubstantiated claims were mostly from differences in setups, volume, DSP related and Placebo effect. If you go with the more expensive gear, then you don't, or at least less so, need to even talk about it because money buy you satisfaction. Also, some people may not like the looks of the proamps and in some cases, the fan noise. They are not designed for home use after all.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I think one of the trade offs is looks. Many people find pro amps to be pretty ugly, although they’ve come a long way. Connectivity and prestige along with covering the marketing budget and hitting margins are probably contributors too. Lots of reasons why prices are higher or lower. Plus, I’d guess there are a lot more professional installations involving clubs and bands etc at any given time driving sales up whereas the list of consumers buying boutique-ish style amps are fewer.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis