Speaker interference

mtschust

Audioholic Intern
I recently hooked up A brand new pair of Athena Audition Bookshelf sized speakers. I am noticing distorted sound or interference even with the volume turned all the way down. It is also noticiable and annoying at reasonable volumes. (Listening to classical music is not very enjoyable with this problem). I wired the speakers with Original Monster Cable the ten foot length. I made sure not to cross wires with AC cords or interconnects. The speakers I used before were speakers that came with a cheap mini system and They did not have this problem. I am not sure what might be causing this and I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix it. There is a lot of extra speaker cable but thats all I can think of.

Any help would be apperciated.

Thanks

mtschust

Audioholic Intern
The speakers are hooked up to an onkyo tx-8511. Two channel stereo. Im not sure I would call the sound distoriton. It sounds kind of like static, the sound an old record player might reproduce in the background while playing records, that is not quite as noticable but increases with volume. I'm pretty sure the receiver is functioning normally, but it is a refurbished unit. The electrical panel or service unit is not anywhere close to the stereo. Im stumped.

D

Dan Banquer

Full Audioholic
I would suggest you get the receiver checked out by a competent technician.
d.b.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis