R

rsachs

Enthusiast
After years of waiting, I decided to take the plunge on new speakers.

Among my favorites have been the Polk Lsis and the Gallo Ref 3.1s.

Right before the holidays, I purchased a new Panny 50". Polk happened to be having a sale when you purchase a TV, so the Lsi's were being offered at a very nice discount. I decided to take the plunge.:)

Then about two days later, I was surfing another site which liquidates audio equipment. Only once before, over a year ago did they have Gallos. Well just my luck, they had them back again! But I had just bought the Polks? Oh heck...I went for it. :D

Well, of all the coincidences--both shipments were independently delayed--both sets of speakers arrived today, much to my wife's surprise :eek:

The attached shows all three, with Polks on the outside, the Gallos in the middle, and my original Def Tech 2006's on the inside.

Speaker Heaven...its going to be a long weekend.....

Attachments

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
The Gallos look very nice, they have an acquired taste in appearance.:D

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
I like the Gallos, but you better write a review!

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
The Gallo speakers are going to take longer to set up correctly. As they have a wide dispersion tweeter, you may wish to not absorb the first reflection point and backwave.

D

deftech

Junior Audioholic
I'd like to hear your impressions of all 3 sets after you have auditioned them.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
deftech said:
I'd like to hear your impressions of all 3 sets after you have auditioned them.
Agreed. Very cool!

SheepStar

R

rsachs

Enthusiast
Set up

Jaxvon-thanks for the suggestion. I'll take down the panels and see how that sounds.

I did an extended listening session last night and a bit more this evening, taking notes on each track.

My impression of the Gallos now is that they have a very very clear mid and upper mid range and high end. In particular, cymbals are very crisp, and you can easily hear the smooth decay. Also, the Gallos do a great job on recovering the hall/room acousticss, without making it overly done. The bass is a bit weak thus far, but that's expected, as manual even advises 100 hours break in before the bass really comes in. And I'm running them without the SA amp. Even so, the bass is still very satisfying.

Can't do much more after tomorrow---off to CES!:)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis