• Off

• Can’t tell any difference

• Lost my grills

Results are only viewable after voting.
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
it sounds like a basic question
Which do you prefer and does it negatively affect speakers to use the grills on?
I been using grills on my Klipch to help with the dust issue . But I am worried I might be losing some clarity because of grills .
I have no measurement tools to test both so it’s mostly something I can’t tell.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
If you can't tell the difference that much, then why worry? Just use them with or without to your liking.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
There are a number of long threads on this already. Ultimately it comes down to your personal preference.

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
For the three front speakers in my HT the grills are off as that sounds better. The grills are made of MDF with cutouts for the drivers and some very thin cloth covering them. I would prefer having the grills on as that protects the drivers.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
For the three front speakers in my HT the grills are off as that sounds better. The grills are made of MDF with cutouts for the drivers and some very thin cloth covering them. I would prefer having the grills on as that protects the drivers.
My grills seem pretty substantial.. I guess it’s for driver protection? They look better with grills off.
FD428A18-A082-4DB7-B6A9-46178204DCA2.jpeg
438B56B4-01E8-4E41-8BDC-B7487EA30A2D.jpeg
D875C687-572B-4322-A9C3-1B507DA02852.jpeg

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
I have had them on and off and let the AVR do the calibration for all 5 + subwoofer. I cannot tell the difference and leave the grills on. Whatever suits your fancy.

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
If you have pets -- especially cats, and kids, you'll want the grills on. A few years ago, I was taking care of my daughter's cats, and one of then poked a hole in the woofer/midrange driver of a very expensive Triad Gold Monitor. The cloth grills were not very protective. So, since I own two cats as well, I had Triad make custom metal grills for all three front speakers. No holes since then.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
If you have pets -- especially cats, and kids, you'll want the grills on. A few years ago, I was taking care of my daughter's cats, and one of then poked a hole in the woofer/midrange driver of a very expensive Triad Gold Monitor. The cloth grills were not very protective. So, since I own two cats as well, I had Triad make custom metal grills for all three front speakers. No holes since then.
We got cats but they never mess with the speakers. I’m leaving grills off for a while to see if there any sound difference and to clean the woofers/ horn tweets.
B4E57C7A-FF2A-4862-AC2F-A782E1F4FACE.jpeg

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Do you use grills on /off ?
Is there any sound benefit to me using grills off?? ℹ regularly leave them on.

Last edited:
zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Talk to kblackburn101 maybe he knows the answer.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
No grill covers on my Persona 3Fs, mainly because they are like $600 extra...I keep the grills off my Revel because they actually measure better according to what i have read.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Talk to kblackburn101 maybe he knows the answer.
lolz :D
Yeah the real question is how many speaker designers produce grills to fit the speaker without hurting the sound?
I highly doubt Klipsch does the brand I’m using mostly, but I’m no expert on this .
In the article you suggested me to read and I did most of it it says this ;

“ some speakers were engineered with the intention of grille use and have designed their speaker’s sound accordingly, such as Vandersteen’s speakers and the Paradigm Premier speakers

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
If a guy has Klipsch with copper cones, I like to see them covered up! Grills on! For Klipsch Reference anyway.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis