D

Denis

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>hi to everybody ! with a test cd and a noise meter, how can I flatten my speaker on my equaliser &nbsp;thank you!</font>

L

LongBinh6

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>Denis,

Sit in your normal listening position.  I presume that you might have the Radio Shack analog sound level meter?  Put it in the C weighted position.  Hold the meter away from your body at ear level with the sensing end pointed straight up to the ceiling.  Check out the sound levels of all the different frequencies.  Adjust the EQ, tone controls or whatever means you have to raise or lower the levels at each frequency.  Sometimes the only way to accomplish this is to move the speakers (which can change the frequency response) or open a door or change the accoustics of the room (placement of the speakers, carpeting, drapes, furniture, etc).  Try to get all the frequencies to be as close to the same decibel level as possible by using these methods.  Start with a level of about 80 decibels at a midrange frequency, say about 1000Hz and then try to adjust all the other frequencies to as close to this level as possible.  whew! I'm out of breath!        
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis