T

tdbearjim

Audiophyte
Hi, also new here.
I have a new Yamaha RX-V683 connected to a TCL 6 series tv. The speakers are Klipsch HD 500's. Yamaha sent me the receiver as a replacement that I had purchased that had the same issue. It was an RX-V683. The issue is, when I pause a streaming movie, or exit out of the channel, I get a popping noise in my speakers. Like a faint crackle. It never occurs when sound is running through the system, only when no sound. I thought perhaps a ground loop issue, but everything is in the same power strip surge protector. Any ideas?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Hi, also new here.
I have a new Yamaha RX-V683 connected to a TCL 6 series tv. The speakers are Klipsch HD 500's. Yamaha sent me the receiver as a replacement that I had purchased that had the same issue. It was an RX-V683. The issue is, when I pause a streaming movie, or exit out of the channel, I get a popping noise in my speakers. Like a faint crackle. It never occurs when sound is running through the system, only when no sound. I thought perhaps a ground loop issue, but everything is in the same power strip surge protector. Any ideas?
How are your sources connected and what are they.

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
Sounds like the power amp section is powering off. Ya might want to check if you have the AVR set to power off when it no longer is getting a signal.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I have a sony blu ray connected in HDMI 1 and the TCL 55" monitor is in HDMI arc
Have you tried a different hdmi cable from the TV? If this is the second unit, I'm thinking it's not the Yamaha.

T

tdbearjim

Audiophyte
Have you tried a different hdmi cable from the TV? If this is the second unit, I'm thinking it's not the Yamaha.
I have replaced all of the HDMI cables with new. The speakers don't crackle with any other amp I use.

T

tdbearjim

Audiophyte
Can it really be as simple as rearranging the order of the power cords in the surge protector? I moved the receiver to the opposite side by itself. No crackling yet. Been 3hrs

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis