Speaker covers: On or off?

L

Lucky13

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I clearly measured the effect of keeping the grills on my speakers (not Axioms). I suspect the proximity of the grill frame causes this rippled effect above ~3Khz. The red line is with the speaker grill off and the blue line is with it on.

</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>Lucky13,

Thanks for the real interesting graph, now this will force me to keep my grills open at the risk of dust and prying fingers.
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Lucky13

Audiophyte
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
Yamahaluver : <font color='#000000'>Lucky13,

Thanks for the real interesting graph, now this will force me to keep my grills open at the risk of dust and prying fingers.
</font>
<font color='#000000'>I usually leave my grills on most of the time - even for movies. I only pop them off when I am doing some critical listening or demo'ing my system.

Scott.</font>

S

seabiscuit

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>Most speakers image far better with the tweeters at ear level. &nbsp;How high are the tweeters in your rig? &nbsp;They look fine if you are an NBA center. &nbsp;
</font>

A

allengarman

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>My new Sapphire ST2's are 44&quot; tall with the tweeter at approximately 35&quot;, sandwiched between the two mids. &nbsp;www.sapphireaudio.com/st2</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis