Speaker Cables Really Don't Make Much of a Difference? on Youtube

E

<eargiant

Senior Audioholic
@gene, I liked the video posted below. Might be the first time I saw someone measure cables at the speakers. I couldn't find a dedicated thread for this video so I'll ask my question here. I see that you addressed the issue cable believers usually have by measuring the cables directly on the resistive load of the loudspeaker but I was wondering if the Denon amplifier was also in the test loop when you did that. I think it was based on the image in the video but not sure. In other words was it - AP Analyzer>Denon>Revel>AP analyzer?

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I'll let Gene answer but I believe he stated the Denon amp was in fact used during this test.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
@gene, I liked the video posted below. Might be the first time I saw someone measure cables at the speakers. I couldn't find a dedicated thread for this video so I'll ask my question here. I see that you addressed the issue cable believers usually have by measuring the cables directly on the resistive load of the loudspeaker but I was wondering if the Denon amplifier was also in the test loop when you did that. I think it was based on the image in the video but not sure. In other words was it - AP Analyzer>Denon>Revel>AP analyzer?

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

Yes I measured the response at the speaker side of the cable with the other side connected to the amplifier.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Well, if everyone accepted that posit, Gene would get bored to tears with not much to do. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis