Speaker cable burn in?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Is speaker cable burn in real or just snake oil?
Well, it is relative. And what do you desire. ;) :D
If you mean sending energy through it, yes, that is a real job of a cable. ;)
You cannot pass energy through snake oil. But it may be flammable.

On the other hand, if you mean preconditioning wire in an audio system like speaker cables and expect some changes in sonic characteristics, it depends on the amount of energy. At some point it will start melting the insulation and may be audibly explode?

Or, do you mean changing the sound in a small matter for better or worse? That is nonsense, no snakes involved or harmed. :D

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Is speaker cable burn in real or just snake oil?
There we go again. We do now live in an age where people will believe anything. The electrons will move from one atoms shell to the next just the same however long you have been making them move from one to the next. Yes, it is all atomic physics literally, and beyond the understanding of audiophools.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
There we go again. We do now live in an age where people will believe anything. The electrons will move from one atoms shell to the next just the same however long you have been making them move from one to the next. Yes, it is all atomic physics literally, and beyond the understanding of audiophools.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
So now you know why the polls show that the election is close. So half the country are pig dribble stupid. Who knew?
Its either mass stupidity or mass Stockholm Syndrome. :)
(probably have to be pig dribble stupid to even develop Stockholm Syndrome)

T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
So now you know why the polls show that the election is close. So half the country are pig dribble stupid. Who knew?
I’d like to point out in our current cycle, takes two to tango… pig dribble stupid

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic General
Part of the issue is manufacturers put it in their literature, online experts talk about it and I’ve even had discussions about it at stereo stores with guys I know and respect. To me if you can’t measure it or reliably hear in blind A/B testing then it’s nothing to worry about. Now if you spend next month’s rent or mortgage on the cables and cryogenically freeze them and keep them off the floor…

highfigh

highfigh

Some people like their snakes well-oiled, the rest of us prefer to live in the real world.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Anybody think that it was actually a simple question? Didn’t see that he made any claim. Just asked about it.

highfigh

highfigh

Anybody think that it was actually a simple question? Didn’t see that he made any claim. Just asked about it.
It would seem that searching google, etc would yield more answers, even if the OP doesn't go to a wacko forum- they would see that it has been asked and answered for a long time.

A counter-question- what, exactly, breaks in? Do the electrons move more easily? Why do Electrical Engineers look at me as if I have three heads when I tell them about the ads for special cables, wire dressings, cable stands, batteries on cables and special materials?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
It would seem that searching google, etc would yield more answers, even if the OP doesn't go to a wacko forum- they would see that it has been asked and answered for a long time.

A counter-question- what, exactly, breaks in? Do the electrons move more easily? Why do Electrical Engineers look at me as if I have three heads when I tell them about the ads for special cables, wire dressings, cable stands, batteries on cables and special materials?
Problem with google is that the question has been answered. By both sides. Lol. To your counter question, there’s absolutely nothing that breaks or burns in. It’s ridiculous. My point was that the op never made any claims about XY or Z. Just asked the question.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis