D

DestinyTTK

Enthusiast
Appreciate all the tips and help. Ended up with the RP-5000FII. Center 504C, New sub will be here Monday the Speedwoofer MKII.

Will probably grab the RP-500M II a little later, but I think with these speakers and the added sub, my downstairs neighbor will hate me lol.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Appreciate all the tips and help. Ended up with the RP-5000FII. Center 504C, New sub will be here Monday the Speedwoofer MKII.

Will probably grab the RP-500M II a little later, but I think with these speakers and the added sub, my downstairs neighbor will hate me lol.
Congrats on the purchase. Let us know how the upgrade works out for you.

D

DestinyTTK

Enthusiast
So far so good with the setup, I do find it odd though that if I stream spotify to the receiver, the sub doesn't auto power on and all sound seems to come out of the center channel. This may be normal, but figured I would post it here. I do notice a difference with the bass in movies and will do some more testing. Does anyone have any experience with the audessy settings on the Denon 960H??

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
So far so good with the setup, I do find it odd though that if I stream spotify to the receiver, the sub doesn't auto power on and all sound seems to come out of the center channel. This may be normal, but figured I would post it here. I do notice a difference with the bass in movies and will do some more testing. Does anyone have any experience with the audessy settings on the Denon 960H??
I'm not familiar with the 960H but some receivers will use the last surround mode and remember that, so if it was set to cinema and you switch to spotify maybe the receiver is still on cinema mode which steers most content to the center channel. Try switching to Stereo mode or to a music surround mode or try Neural X which can do some decent up-mixing. Whether you prefer 2-channel stereo or music up-mixed to surround is a personal choice.

The receiver display or on screen menu will usually show the current surround mode. My Denon model also shows which channels are detected on the input and which channels are being used on the output. If you can display that, see if the subwoofer channel is active on the receiver when spotify is running. If it shows that the subwoofer channel is active, then I would check what the crossover frequency was set to. A typical setting is 80Hz but if Audyssey set it lower the sub may not auto-trigger as easily. Running in pure direct mode can also disable sound processing and disable the sub channel on some receivers.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
At the bottom of your remote there are buttons for Movie and Music. Select what sound you want. Every time you watch movies or music, it switches automatically. On the remote, there is a small button for set-up. Press that and use the menu for what you need for audio, etc. In that menu scroll down to General and belief will have info for Speaker Auto Calibration[Audessy]. My remote is in the basement and upstairs right now. The Denon Remote menu is pretty complete and user friendly.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What sound mode is the avr in when you stream spotify?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Go into the menu and raise the sub out level- if the sub turns on, lower it's input level control and raise the level from the AVR. This is the reason for setting the subwoofer's input to 50%, to start.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis