Spammy spammy spam spam...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Can anything be done about this...?
Yes. Stop being such a hater.

:D J/K. Reporting them is the best way now. Are you asking if they can automatically ban based on those domains?

Look at the silver lining. Spammers give you a great way to see how many red chicklets you can hand out. :)

Bizarro_Stormy

Bizarro_Stormy

Audioholics Whac-A-Mole'er™
Yummy for da tummy...

Spammers give you a great way to see how many red chicklets you can hand out. :)
mmmmmmmmmmmm... I loooove chicklets... :p

chicklets.jpg

Bizarro_Stormy

Bizarro_Stormy

Wowsers...

Just sitting here, watching the main forum page, checking out new threads and new members...

Holy crap...

I never realized how much spam/spambots the mods and admin have to put up with on just an hourly basis...

Crazy...

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Bizarro_Stormy

one report PER post is sufficient.
you've reported the same post thrice already. (3rd one after my PM to you)

Bizarro_Stormy

Bizarro_Stormy

Whoops...

Sorry about that Mike...
I surf with javascript off, so I didn't get any notification of your pm's...

Won't happen again...

Last edited:
mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
it's ok ... i thought you were ignoring the pm's.

how do you see the gif you say are in the posts?

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja

I think if you quote their post you'll see the link embedded at the end. I forget though. Sometimes they show up as a broken link.

For example, I recently marked this thread for spam:
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/loudspeakers/90943-can-i-add-expand-my-marshall-amp-fender-loudspeaker.html

At the time that I marked it, I saw a link to a broken image. I don't see it now but you can still check the source and you'll see a link embedded at the end of the OP.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
yeah, i can see those ... but some of those reported are clean as a whistle (using quote)

Bizarro_Stormy

Bizarro_Stormy

Naw...

I HAVE been a tad overzealous reporting the spam posts lately... :eek:

yeah, i can see those ... but some of those reported are clean as a whistle (using quote)
I can see the hidden tracking gifs in the spam posts because I check new member posts with the "reply-with-quote" option... just like "its phillip" does :).

I think we can see the hidden tracking gifs because, in our settings (under My Account -> General Settings --> Miscellaneous Options), we have the "Message Editor Interface" set to either the "Basic Editor" or "Standard Editor" option...

Either one of those settings shows the links to images embedded in the quoted post, instead of the actual image... and the hidden gif links show up.

If you have the "Message Editor Interface" set to the "Enhanced Interface Editor" and then "reply-with-quote" to posts, it shows the actual images in the post you are replying to... and because the gifs are hidden, they do not show up.

I hope that makes sense :).

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis