Spades vs Banana plugs?!!

W

warnerwh

Full Audioholic
"But that is not a major concern when your amplifiers are designed with protection against short circuits."

Sometimes the protection circuits don't react fast enough.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Was just watching Ugly Delicious' trip to India episode and learned about how piss poor a banana we get!

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
Hi there.
Which would you recommend between metal spades and banana plugs for your speakers and why.

Thank you
I use banana plugs and they are most convenient when connection and re connection of speakers to amps is frequent; but, if speaker wire is subject to feet, pets, or commotion the banana plugs may lose purchase. Spades on the other hand do not easily lose purchase.

afford-hifi

afford-hifi

Junior Audioholic
I agree with most all the comments here regarding banana plugs and spades. I personally prefer banana plugs wherever I can but have also had good luck with spades. In my opinion, you just need to ensure you are using quality plugs or spades. So many cables these days seem to come with Nakamichi plugs and I have also tried these with poor results. Truly it seems most of the "Nakamichi" plugs you can readily get these days are actually just knock offs and dont properly secure to the wire.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis