Soundolier duo Wireless Speaker Lamp Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
In our experience, wireless hasn't been done right yet and we were hoping that Soundolier would be the first. Soundolier has obviously worked very hard to ensure a stable and strong wireless connection. I would have no problem recommending these speakers to anyone that has décor issues (as long as you don't turn them up too loud) or is just looking for a nondescript way to get background music into a room without the hassles of wires. They are an expensive solution for sure but the ease of setup and the rock solid wireless connection may make that extra money seem well spent.

Discuss "Soundolier duo Wireless Speaker Lamp Review" here. Read the article.

J

JonBaker99

Audioholic
But with only 4 channels how am I supposed to run my center channel for my 5.1 lamp setup? Damn looks like I'll have to hardwire that pesky center.

I actually saw and listened to these at EHX and was reasonably impressed. What I really want to see is just the hardware sold as an outboard solution for wireless transmission and maybe a small wireless powered amplifier, similiar to the KEF wireless setup.

J

jake5717

Audioholic
So the only way to dim the light is with a foot switch? How hard or easy would it be to keep the "remote" on an end table and control the light by hand?

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
So the only way to dim the light is with a foot switch? How hard or easy would it be to keep the "remote" on an end table and control the light by hand?
It'd have to be a super low table. The cable on that switch doen't have much play if I remember correctly.

J

jake5717

Audioholic
So if they were setup as surrounds you wouldn’t be able to just lean back and turn the light on?

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
If you could reach the ground you could. There are no controls on the light itself (other than audio controls).

J

jake5717

Audioholic
That’s too bad. In cases where you have then as surrounds you’d probably just set it and forget it, therefore making the lamp the more important feature. Real bummer I defiantly would have got a pair to replace my surrounds, but if it’s too hard for the GF to use then it’s not gonna fly.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis