SoundKing 8 ga. 2-Conductor Speaker Wire

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Why not use a coat hanger instead? My sub takes RCA cables, so I'll put the extra savings towards some good ole Yuengling brewed in Pottsville, Pa. :p

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....I'll drink to that with coffee in place here by the keyboard, Sir....took another couple of days vacation from the railroad....was raining this am....what?....yeah, a stupid railroader....takes a high school education....have a double major from the U of A Razorback Hog System....yeah, it just got worse....Arkinsaw....guys, I'm pulling out CD's I haven't listened to since way before getting the current equipment....I'm made quiet by the fact I'm actually hearing it for the first time....the current trend is the home theater....prolific, huh?....I read post after post saying, "what equipment should I get?"....of course this is a fair question to possibly quickly narrow the seeking time and I always applaud that, but I've read some that say, "I'd love to have these main fronts, but since I have to have middles and rears, I'll have to work toward them"....that's where we part ways....I would spend all the speaker money I had at that time if it toolk it, for main fronts that absolutely thrilled/melted me and get mids and rears of the same caliber when I could....

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Double major in what? English? Arkansaw? You mean Arkansas. You seem to go quite astray with your threads. I sometimes wonder which direction you are going here. Anyhow, are you saying to get 5 tower, or large speakers for the ultimate setup? Who has room for that? With Plasma and LCD displays getting larger, people have less and less room for speakers. I'm anxious to hear the new Yamaha HT speaker. Everything will eventually go to digital. Your music will be on memory cards or coming through a modem. Your PC will handle everything. Speakers will be hidden or made of ribbon and out of sight. The sub will be integrated into the floor. I give it 5-10 years.

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....I hear ya', Buck, come on with it.....that double major was vocal music and Physical Education....yeah, Italian arias mixed with football and baseball....I coached one year at a local high school upon graduation, and have been in Church music for some of my career....made a pretty good amount of side money singing in Gospel quartets also through the years....never hit the road because I was always the one who wouldn't quit my job at the railroad which started after the Church music era....anyhow, all I was saying is I would rather build my system one killer item at a time, within reason, rather than buy it all at one time with articles that didn't thrill me at all...

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
OK, no more arguing with the church guy. I want to go to the big castle in the sky someday. So you seem to know a little about audio. What do you think about Mackie amps as a two channel source to drive two towers? I've heard the fan is a little loud, but if it's out of sight, who cares? Why drop megabux on a McIntosh monobloc when you can have similar power for a fraction of the cost?

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....Buck, all indications are you are a good man....McIntosh is quality for sure, but I agree other amps are better especially for the money....McIntosh is reputed to have a sweetness....since playing with these Crown K2's, I believe McIntosh figured out a way to make a degree of raspiness smooth out for that sweetness....I'll take live presence from my speakers every day over sweetness....

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....Francious, I gave my son-in-law 2 older Carver mt 1.0's that have 200 per at 8 or 1000 strapped mono with two SVS 16-46 plus unpowered cylinder subs and my Paradigm X-30 I had at the time....I tried for months to find the damping factor of the older mt 1.0 Carver amps online and found nothing.....they pop the SVS cylinders very nicely and my son-in-law loves them....then he comes to listen to these SVS B4+'s being kicked by strapped """ULTRA-CLEAN""" K2's and goes home with that butt kicked....Buck just said on another thread he preferred cylinder subs to boxes....let me just say this about that....guys, listen, there's an invisible man standing behind my tv picking his bass guitar and he's using two bass guitar amps which are setting in the corners front....for real....he's here in my theater, I promise....thank goodness he don't eat much.......

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Mule, you got a digital camera? You need to set it to its lowest setting, and post some pix of your setups. I'm guessing you have an entire house full of interesting electronics. What type of tube do you watch American Idol on? CRT, LCD, Plasma, rear proj?

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....Buck, I am currently watching a 12 year old Mitsubishi 35 inch TV....it's the one that had extra lines over the totally commercial ones being sold at the time....I am working toward plasma, let there be no doubt....I know, holes burned in the screen after about 6 or 7 years and it's in the dumpster....hey, live presence is a rating in watching TV also....the presence of plasma blows away everything I have seen when side-by-side.....I was looking the other night and 50 inch plasma can now be had by more than one source for starting around 3100....six or seven years from the time I get one, the cost will surely be down by let's say half....just opinions here derived from AB'ing live and in person....Buck, I honestly don't have systems of anything all over my house....I only wish I did as I recognize and fulfill other priorities....some of the time, haha........

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis