D

dfeicke

Audiophyte
I have a Sony SA-CT260H Soundbar that has an extremely dim front panel display....almost illegible. Is this something that will require it being sent off somewhere to repair, or something I may be able to repair myself? Thank you for replies.

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
To me dimmer is always better. However if you really want it brighter and need it repaired. Here is the repair service manual. Take a look, might be something simple you can do yourself.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Look for a button that says “display” on the remote. Less repeatedly, it should scroll through brightness levels.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I looked at the manual, said nothing about adjustable display level. It may not be broken but rather just not to your liking.....or did it change over time?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I looked at the manual, said nothing about adjustable display level. It may not be broken but rather just not to your liking.....or did it change over time?
I hit googletron quick. That procedure came up for a lesser model so... maybe I should read all the words?

D

dfeicke

Audiophyte
To me dimmer is always better. However if you really want it brighter and need it repaired. Here is the repair service manual. Take a look, might be something simple you can do yourself.
I'm not knowledgeable enough to be able to decipher their terminology. Thank you anyway....

D

dfeicke

Audiophyte
I found the page that dealt with the front display; but I'm not knowledgeable enough to decipher their terminology. Thanks anyway.....

D

dfeicke

Audiophyte
Look for a button that says “display” on the remote. Less repeatedly, it should scroll through brightness levels.
I found the display button on the remote; but it does nothing for the brightness. It always seemed rather dim; but I believe it's gotten a good deal worse over the years. The bar works good; but adjustments are rather scary.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Some older lcd displays I've got get a little dimmer over the years, too. Not something you can just use the on-screen interface for instead?

D

dfeicke

Audiophyte
Some older lcd displays I've got get a little dimmer over the years, too. Not something you can just use the on-screen interface for instead?
I'm sorry; I don't know what "onscreen interface" means......

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm sorry; I don't know what "onscreen interface" means......
Graphic user interface (gui)? Doesn't the soundbar have an ability to show certain info/settings on the tv itself? Just what info do you need from the lcd panel?

D

dfeicke

Audiophyte
Graphic user interface (gui)? Doesn't the soundbar have an ability to show certain info/settings on the tv itself? Just what info do you need from the lcd panel?
I'm not aware that this bar offers that feature.....at least, I haven't seen anything about it in the manual. The display shows the several modes and settings....theater, concert, optical, etc. Different modes offer different "sounds" and different volume levels. I will check the manual again this evening. Thanks......

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm not aware that this bar offers that feature.....at least, I haven't seen anything about it in the manual. The display shows the several modes and settings....theater, concert, optical, etc. Different modes offer different "sounds" and different volume levels. I will check the manual again this evening. Thanks......
Took a look at the manual for that and don't see anything like that either. Dang.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis