Soundbar for max speech intelligibility for someone with hearing loss?

diskreet

diskreet

Audioholic
I have a family member that has lost hearing in one ear (decades back), and watching TV has always been a challenge for her. I'd like to find a simple solution to help her, but she doesn't care about audio beyond just wanting to be able to understand what she's hearing. The good ear is OK, so we're not fighting hearing loss in that one.

Long story short she wants simple. She doesn't want to do a receiver and separate speakers, or even powered speakers. Are there any soundbars that have good processing for speech intelligibility, or at least one with independent center channel level controls? Ideally she wants to be able to control volume from their Xfinity remote (Sony TV so pass through is an option).

Thanks in advance for any help

surfacetension

surfacetension

Audioholic Intern
I haven't ever heard them and can't vouch for them but there's a brand that specializes in exactly what you're looking for:

diskreet

diskreet

Audioholic
Wow, thank you @surfacetension! I somehow missed them when looking myself. Reviews look solid for their bars with adjustable processing, so we just might try this out.

surfacetension

surfacetension

Audioholic Intern
Hopefully it'll work well for you, if you try one let us know either way so we'll have an idea if it seems as good as advertised.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis