Sound & Vision shows its liberal cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Danger Dan

Audiophyte
Not sure if anyone else has read Fleischmann's anti-Republican FCC related article in the latest issue of Sound & Vision Magazine but it seems in very poor judgement on Sabin's part letting that piece go to print in the form that it did. The piece clearly takes a political side and the final paragraph about Pai not wanting low-income people to have internet and phone service was the nail in the coffin for me cancelling my subscription immediately and indefinitely. Also, there's another way entirely of looking at the net neutrality issue (that doesn't involve the government being involved) but Fleischmann was clearly not interested in informing people about it - or even entertaining it to begin with. I'm just curious - did this article bother anyone else? Should S&V be taking a political side?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I highly recommend locking this thread as it would cause nothing but create a heated discussion where one side trying to be reasonable and other simply repeating old (and false) dogmas.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Not sure if anyone else has read Fleischmann's anti-Republican FCC related article in the latest issue of Sound & Vision Magazine but it seems in very poor judgement on Sabin's part letting that piece go to print in the form that it did. The piece clearly takes a political side and the final paragraph about Pai not wanting low-income people to have internet and phone service was the nail in the coffin for me cancelling my subscription immediately and indefinitely. Also, there's another way entirely of looking at the net neutrality issue (that doesn't involve the government being involved) but Fleischmann was clearly not interested in informing people about it - or even entertaining it to begin with. I'm just curious - did this article bother anyone else? Should S&V be taking a political side?
I let my S&V run out quite a while back. Due to poor information that they have been pushing as defacto good audio advice. Politics had nothing to do with my decision.

Net Neutrality is good for the common man and small businesses.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
If Sound & Vision was too liberal for your blood, you definitely won't like most of the Audioholics crew very much. And I wouldn't consider most of us here hardcore leftists by any means.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I think you'll find most journalism is more on the liberal side, at least the stuff worth reading (even if S&V is somewhat questionable even with their audio content). Doesn't bother me, it would bother me more if they supported the current mess the repubs have.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
S & V .........they still publish that rag ??

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
I didn't read it, but if it does contain not wanting 'the poor' to have internet, that is just ignorant. I wouldn't view it being about politics. Run your business, state your views if you so choose, but garbage like that is just ignorant. Makes you wonder what lies behind their reviews. Very poor choice if you ask me.

Bizarro_Stormy

Bizarro_Stormy

Audioholics Whac-A-Mole'er™
I highly recommend locking this thread as it would cause nothing but create a heated discussion where one side trying to be reasonable and other simply repeating old (and false) dogmas.
Seeing as his same thread got pulled/deleted over at AVS, I agree...

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Those are some nice guys your dumping on at S&V. Not sure what "conservative" means any more seeing how Trump runs the show and is spending more in 1 year than Obama did in 4, and we have legislators penalizing Delta for not supporting the NRA that funds their political campaigns. Not very free market or "conservative".

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis