R

Rez12

Audiophyte
I've got an SB Audigy Audio [A000] according to dxdiag and my speakers are making a very loud buzzing noise and when the volume is turned up, a whirring sound can be heard as well. Turning up the subwoofer amplifies this sound. When I play audio, it's not as loud and somewhat distorted, the same occurs when I put in a headset. I tried muting my volume and while no sounds from any audio files come through, I can still hear the buzzing. Is this a software issue or is something wrong?

johnb554

johnb554

Audioholic
I cant be 100% positive without seeing the problem myself or having more info about it but it sounds like it could be 2 things.

1. The sound card is defective or the contacts may need to be cleaned both inside the computer and the back of the card.

2. It could be a cheap intigrated motherboard sound card with creative drivers that makes it "look" like its a creative card when its actually not. With built-in motherboard sound cards, whirring noises and hissing is common and there isnt much to do other than upgrading the card.

More information could be useful, what is the make of the PC, is it custom made, have you upgraded the sound card, when did the problem start, was it doing it before????

John

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis