sound either on or off, no in between

O

ozmackem

Audiophyte
Hello all,
My two year old boy, bless him, was found by my wife "turning all the knobs on the amp" and "hitting all the buttons on the remote" to quote her :)
Now I am only getting sound from my dvd player at either a set on volume or no volume at all. When the volukem know is turned down to --- there is silence, but as soon as it turns up to the first notch -60dB I think then it hits a mid range volume. If I then turn up the volume to what would have once been deafening levels actual audio level coming out of the speakers doesn't change.
Tried all last night to find an anomalous setting through the amp set-up, but I'm guessing he hit some magical combo with the buttons :)
Any idea what the litte chap might have pressed? And more importantly what I might have to press to get my normal volume control back?

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
Is there a reset switch on the remote and/or amp?

What specific equipment?

HookedOnSound

HookedOnSound

Full Audioholic
ozmackem said:
Hello all,
....If I then turn up the volume to what would have once been deafening levels actual audio level coming out of the speakers doesn't change.

Could the mute feature been turned on accidently?

If not, I think your best option is to reset your amplifier/receiver as someone else also suggested.

P.S. same thing happened to me with my 20 month old daughter, I was about to call it quits on my receiver before realizing the mute function was activated. Gotta love kids!

Good Luck.

O

ozmackem

Audiophyte
No, muting isn't turned on.
Just got to try and find the manual now :)
Can't remember model number, I'm at work now, will porst when I get home.

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
there should be a procedure in the manual to "restore factory settings". try that one.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis