P

Pubear

Enthusiast
Ok....so I was just watching a movie and every time there is low volume from the movie the speakers seem to cut out completely. If someone is speaking there seems to be no problems and also when the score (soundtrack) is at a volume similar to that of the speech....but when there is little audio the sound seems to cut out completely.

Any ideas?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Ok....so I was just watching a movie and every time there is low volume from the movie the speakers seem to cut out completely. If someone is speaking there seems to be no problems and also when the score (soundtrack) is at a volume similar to that of the speech....but when there is little audio the sound seems to cut out completely.

Any ideas?
Watching a movie, how? Cable TV, DirecTV, Dish Network, DVD, BlueRay? How is the sound getting to the receiver- what kind of cables, analog or digital? Coax or optical? If it's over HDMI. make sure it's inserted completely.

P

Pubear

Enthusiast
Watching a movie, how? Cable TV, DirecTV, Dish Network, DVD, BlueRay? How is the sound getting to the receiver- what kind of cables, analog or digital? Coax or optical? If it's over HDMI. make sure it's inserted completely.
Sorry.....Direct TV connected with RCA. No issues with DVD, BluRay, gaming, etc.

alcy

alcy

Audioholic Intern
I guess that happens with VCDs as well ? Happened on my systems at least (PC & TV both)

P

Pubear

Enthusiast
I think I've fixed the problem. I bypassed the TV and connected the satellite receiver directly to the audio receiver and am no longer having the issue.

Does anyone know what could have been causing this? I understand it must have been the TV but am still curious as to why it was happening.

My TV is a 2006 model CRT. :(

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis