Sound Card for MP3 Playback

M

Marc

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I converted all our CD's (350) into MP3's. &nbsp;This is a secondary system that is directly connected to the MP3 computer currently using a SB Live 5.1 card. &nbsp;The main stereo is in another part of the house connected via cat 5 wire and a RIO Sonic Blue. &nbsp;Before I start shopping for a &nbsp;new amp and speakers for the secondary system I was wondering if anyone knows of a better card. &nbsp;The system sounds ok as. &nbsp;I was hoping for a system that has a better control (as in software) and better frequency response. &nbsp;I am kind of new to this end of things. &nbsp;I threw my current set up together with parts laying around the house. &nbsp;

Now I am hooked on my computer juke box. &nbsp;Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Marc</font>

W

Wabbit_Swayer

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Well, the new SB Live! Audigy 2 Platinum ZS is newer and a good performer, but not quite as good as the M Audio Revo 7.1 in the quality arena. The Revo doesnt have a host based controller, so it has to use the cpu for its dsp and what not. Not sure if your a gamer so, the Revo might be a better and cheaper solution.  Only $100 here at newegg.com. Whereas the Audigy 2 is $162 here.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Thanks for getting back to me. &nbsp;The computer I am using is dedicated to my MP3 playback so using the CPU for it's dsp (?) shouldn't be a problem. &nbsp;The machine is a PIII 500 mhz. &nbsp;I was looking at the M-Audio for it control of the speakers, but was unsure of the performance. &nbsp;Looks like it's M Audio Revolution for me.

Thanks again

Marc &nbsp;
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis