P

paulwgraber

Audioholic Intern
Sony Bravia 85x90L. I am a gamer and watch Dolby vision content. My question is what should I set my Hdmi inputs on? Dolby Vision enhanced or VRR enhanced? will it switch between DV and VRR if one is selected over the other?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Sony Bravia 85x90L. I am a gamer and watch Dolby vision content. My question is what should I set my Hdmi inputs on? Dolby Vision enhanced or VRR enhanced? will it switch between DV and VRR if one is selected over the other?
The answer is no. Apparently some games can have frame rates between 30 and 60 frames per second and everything in between. That sounds odd to me, but I'm not a prone to waste my time on games. So if you have image stuttering you need VRR.

To get the benefits of your TV is need to be on Dolby vision, and not VRR. The TV will not switch between the two. So you will need to select what is appropriate for what you are watching/playing.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Spartan
How do you game? There will be restrictions when using a PS5 connected to the X90L. I believe VRR is only available from the TV's HDMI 2.1 ports #3 and #4. The PS5 does not support Dolby Vision. So, no reason not to select VRR if using it to game. Unfortunate that the X90L is a Dolby Vision or VRR affair and gaming in Dolby Vision is limited to 4K @60Hz. The X90L also does not support 1440p. This is not the case concerning the XBOX Series X/S connected directly to other TVs such as some LG OLED TVs. One can game in 4K @120Hz in Dolby Vision using VRR connected to any of the HDMI ports.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis