Sony UBP-X800 freezes and locks up on Chapter 6 of Dune4K

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I had to switch to the BluRay copy of the disc to finishing watching it. It stuttered on a couple of 4K releases in the past but a little rewind and play and it played through. Dune totally locks it up. Anyone else with this issue?

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I had that happen with GOT season 8 E3. Would freeze up in the battle scene. Long story short, it was the disc. The little freeze up cause me to go through like 4 Sony X700's, two LG 4K players. I did like what you did, I played GOT S8,E3 on just reg blu-ray didn't freeze up. So make sure, you may have to try out another disc. I should've done that from jump instead of 6 different 4K players.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
My Sony X700 would freeze. Then after about 1 YR, it died. Now I am using a Panasonic BD player. Hope it lasts longer. :D

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I still have one of Sony's first Blu-ray players I think its the BDP-S1. Built like a tank, slow as a tank, weights as much as a tank. Cool Aluminum top and sliding glass door over the front for loading. Will not die.

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
I dont have near the level of experience of you guys, but many times when I've had issues with stuttering or locking up, it resolved after I carefully cleaned the 4k discs. It has never happened (so far)with regular blu rays or dvds

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I tried wiping down both sides of the 4K disc and went to the problematic chapters and it played cleanly through, no skips, no freezes, nothing. I will watch the 4K version again tonight and see if it plays through. If it does, I will cancel the return back to Amazon and will have saved some money on a new 4K player.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I still have one of Sony's first Blu-ray players I think its the BDP-S1. Built like a tank, slow as a tank, weights as much as a tank. Cool Aluminum top and sliding glass door over the front for loading. Will not die.
I'm still using my Oppo BDP-93EU universal player that I bought 11 years ago, and I've not yet upgraded to a new one that supports UHD.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
I have a Sony RDR HX715 DVD recorder that is still running strong and built like a tank. Also have a DBP S350 that is about 12 years made with lots of light plastic that worked well until recently. Disappointing to hear about the some of the more recent players longevity. Who will replace Oppo in this space?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Good news. I watched it again without a single skip or freeze. I guess the disk had some residue on from the factory

E

EJC

Enthusiast
Absolutely no issues on my Panasonic UB900

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I never had any disc player last more than 3 years.
That sucks. I've had better luck. I tossed out my oldest BluRay player, a Sony BDP-S360 just last summer. I bought an Oppo BDP-83 for $20 at a Goodwill and its running tickety-boo. I also have a Yamaha BD-S681 which is going on 5 years now.

My take away is this.... I need to wipe all new BluRay/4K discs clean prior to play just like I do with new vinyl or if the discs starts to skip, then wipe clean.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
That sucks. I've had better luck. I tossed out my oldest BluRay player, a Sony BDP-S360 just last summer. I bought an Oppo BDP-83 for $20 at a Goodwill and its running tickety-boo. I also have a Yamaha BD-S681 which is going on 5 years now.

My take away is this.... I need to wipe all new BluRay/4K discs clean prior to play just like I do with new vinyl or if the discs starts to skip, then wipe clean.
Let's see, two Samsung player's, two LG player's. I went through 5 Sony X700's thinking it was the players being buggy. Well come to find out, it was the, GOT season 8 disc that was defective. Many had reported freezing up with that GOT series season 8 4K that is.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis