Sony UBP X800 alternative?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
That’s the thing, the network is fine. Works for everything but the Marantz? Great download speeds, never a dropped signal on any other gear. Only the Marantz does it as an intermediary... that’s something in the machine.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
That’s the thing, the network is fine. Works for everything but the Marantz? Great download speeds, never a dropped signal on any other gear. Only the Marantz does it as an intermediary... that’s something in the machine.
Okay ya let us know what they say. Hopefully it’s something simple.

N

NorCalRP

Full Audioholic
Yes! Just ordered mine. X900F tv models are on sale now too!
When I saw the price on the 65" I had to do it. Picking it up Thanksgiving evening. Assuming I'm able to sit down to a meal with my family (might have to work), I just have to make sure the new TV isn't what I give thanks for:D

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I get my x700 today hopefully. From what I have researched, it should be very similar to my x800. I don’t currently need Dolby Vision but that’s one thing the x700 has which the x800 lacks. I only have a handful of dvd audio discs which the x700 can’t play but my bedroom is only 2.1 anyhow.

My living room has the Sony S3700 BD player so keeping things all Sony with my Yamaha AVRs. I use the iPhone Sony controller app. This works well for me. My TiVo remotes don’t control Blu-ray players and I don’t have a universal remote.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Picked up my tele (49") yesterday, and a stork dropped the x700 on my porch today! Wheee!

N

NorCalRP

Full Audioholic
Picked up my tele (49") yesterday, and a stork dropped the x700 on my porch today! Wheee!
Grabbing mine tomorrow and ordered my x700 last night!!! Really looking forward to the step up!

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
My x700 is very much the same as my x800. Not finding many differences so far. Netflix is DD 5.1 and Prime is DD+ on both units for example. Remote and apps look the same.

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
my x800 auto shuts off after inactivity of maybe 15 minutes and i couldn't find any setting for this feature to be on or off.

anyone else?

any thoughts?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis