G

Grumpy1

Audiophyte
Got a Sony UBP-X700 4k Blu-ray player and when playing the first two discs I bought Wonder Woman 4k and matrix 4k I get a horrible distorted noise every now and again when watching film( television is Sony KD-77A9G). Any idea what’s wrong please

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Got a Sony UBP-X700 4k Blu-ray player and when playing the first two discs I bought Wonder Woman 4k and matrix 4k I get a horrible distorted noise every now and again when watching film( television is Sony KD-77A9G). Any idea what’s wrong please
Is the noise from the player or the speakers? How is it connected to the receiver and TV?

If the noise is from the speakers is it all of them or a certain speaker?
What is the pitch of the noise?

G

Grumpy1

Audiophyte
Just the Blu-ray player connected to tv through recommended hi speed hdmi (Syncwire HDMI Cable 2M HDMI Lead - Ultra High Speed 18Gbps HDMI 2.0 Cable 4K @60Hz Support Fire TV, Apple TV, Ethernet, Audio Return, Video UHD 2160p, HD 1080p, 3D, Xbox PlayStation PS3 PS4 PC -Black)

G

Grumpy1

Audiophyte
Just crackling noise coming through tv speakers only on 4k discs

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Just crackling noise coming through tv speakers only on 4k discs
Those two 4K Blu-Ray disks have some lively subwoofer content. Is it possible the TV has a damaged speaker?

Have you tried using an external speaker and turning the TV sound off. Does that create the same crackling?

G

Grumpy1

Audiophyte
I haven’t, but will try.
Thanks for your feedback

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Curious it's just 4k discs but I'd suspect the quality of the tv speakers as well. Or it has problems with handling the audio codec.

ps What audio settings on both player and tv are you using?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
What volume level? Tv speakers are total garbage. WW has a pretty dynamic soundtrack and if your listening loud, they could be damaged, or just overdriven. Can you replicate the sound? Like is it the same scenes, or types of scenes? If it’s more of a static sound I wouldn’t rule out a bad cable but that’s not super likely.

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
Does it crackle at low volume?

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
What volume level? Tv speakers are total garbage. WW has a pretty dynamic soundtrack and if your listening loud, they could be damaged, or just overdriven. Can you replicate the sound? Like is it the same scenes, or types of scenes? If it’s more of a static sound I wouldn’t rule out a bad cable but that’s not super likely.
I doubt that TV speakers would be damaged. Most TV sets have low powered amplifiers with a limited power supply.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis