Sony SXRD issue (see picture)

T

tjlmbklr

Junior Audioholic
I have a KDS-55A2000, I decided to start a thread and make picture in photoshop to give a better idea on my issue. I have a dark purple/blue(ish) haze in the form of a rectangle that isn't uniform with the screen. I only notice it when there are scenes that are very dark or all black.

Please see my picture and I apologize for it's poor appearance. Some may have trouble seeing the rectangular shape; but that's just it. I see it enough to be worried. I am not sure if it's getting worse, but in my mind I know it is.

Thank you all in advance.

TJ

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I have a KDS-55A2000, I decided to start a thread and make picture in photoshop to give a better idea on my issue. I have a dark purple/blue(ish) haze in the form of a rectangle that isn't uniform with the screen. I only notice it when there are scenes that are very dark or all black.
Please see my picture and I apologize for it's poor appearance. Some may have trouble seeing the rectangular shape; but that's just it. I see it enough to be worried. I am not sure if it's getting worse, but in my mind I know it is.
Thank you all in advance.
TJ
I think your TV may need a good calibration as a start?

T

tjlmbklr

Junior Audioholic
What do you think needs calibration? The picture otherwise looks great. Not sure what a calibration would do, but I am all ears this is why I posted the question.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
Pull up the TV menu. If the bloch is still visible on the menu then one of the SXRD panels has a problem. Usually it's a green blob but not always. Sony has been good about repairing SXRD sets even when they are out of warranty. They have exteneded the warranty on some models.

T

tjlmbklr

Junior Audioholic
Thanks, I'll try that. I am aware of the SXRD green blob issues but wasn't sure if this was related. I did get a extended Sony warranty. I just want to avoid disconnecting everything and bringing it to the Sony store.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
What do you think needs calibration? The picture otherwise looks great. Not sure what a calibration would do, but I am all ears this is why I posted the question.
There are calibration DVDs on the market and ISF calibrators have other precise gear to calibrate the TV to a known standard. He would have access to the factory settings and adjust each color if necessary.

If your blue primary color is running overdrive, it can affect how the black will look, perhaps causing what you have. Or, you may in fact have other issues, but without knowing that the set is properly calibrated, hard to pinpoint.

B

brucewoodington

Audioholic Intern
For what it's worth, I have a KDS 60A2000, showing green that fades to white across the entire screen from top to bottom. For example, when the movie credits roll, they are distinctly green near the top of the screen, but the green fades to white as you look down the list. I disconnected the TV from my Denon receiver, and using a different HDMI cable, tried my Dish Network direct into the TV, and then my DVD player direct. Same green issue. Could it be caused by the bulb going bad? This bulb is about 6 months old.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis