T

topey

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Hi all,

Just purchased a sony strde695 a/v receiver. &nbsp;
Great receiver in terms of having great overall features, but I find the volume levels very strange. &nbsp;From 0-20 this thing can hardly be heard, on either 2 channel stereo for cd's or 5 channel while watching TV / dvd's.
Around level 40 it's pretty comfortable but not overwhelming still ?
It's not until I crank it into the 50 range that it seems &quot;loud&quot;.
Is this how these models are designed?
This is a cheap low end system but somehow I expected more out of it for power. &nbsp;Anyone have any experience with these? &nbsp;
Right now I have this receiver connected to a highly rated Athena Point 5 MK II home theatre package. &nbsp;(no subwoofer as of yet)</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>If it is any consolation and indicator, my top of the line RX-Z9 comes alive at -18.5 on the volume and this beast puts out 170W rms. If I attach my mega monster MX-1 power amp to the main channels then the settings comes to -32.
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
G

<font color='#000000'>No worries...

Same stuff happens with the rest off the receivers for example I have used Technics SA DX 950 and Marantz SR 5300 they got the same issue you have to go much with the db to find suitable place for your ears .. If you're using the receiver for music listening I would sell it and pay some extra for nice quality integrated amp that will change much</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis