CyboLynx

CyboLynx

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>i was just wondering ....since my amp is rated crapily what or how to figure out my rms value of my channels ....

100 watt x5 @ 1khz .09 THD ....

but to me that sounds wimpy ....but when im watching a movie or listening to music i can get really loud sound ....
in surround i have to turn up my reciever from 30 to 40 to get the same loudness as in stereo ...

also ...if my amp is rated 100w rms x2 40hz - 20khz

would that estimated only = about 70w rms 20hz - 20khz ?

im thinking that my amp is only about 50w rms 20hz - 20khz and thats probably being generous ...but i just want to know what you guys think...or possable know ....

and since its only rated from 40hz - 20khz can it play below 40hz ? iv done sine sweeps and i can still hear bass at about 30hz ...below that i just hear my house shake amongst everything alse in the house ..lol

hope to hear back from ya guys soon ...thanx</font>

<font color='#000080'>Is it a number you're looking for?

Does it play loud enough for your room? Do you notice any problems when you play back music or movies? What speakers are you using?

To give you an answer you'd have to put the unit on the bench and measure the output, though I'm sure similar Sony receiver measurements can be found online.</font>

CyboLynx

CyboLynx

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>&quot;Is it a number you're looking for?&quot;
--a number in RMS would be great ....if its possable

&quot;Does it play loud enough for your room?&quot;
--It plays plenty loud in 5.1 volume set at 40 - 45 outta 78

&quot;Do you notice any problems when you play back music or movies?&quot;
--I dont notice anyproblems at all actualy ...

&quot;What speakers are you using?&quot;
-- Mains -- JBL CF-150 (98db 325w rms - 32hz - 20khz)
-- Surrounds -- JBL CF-80 (92db 100w rms - 43hz - 20khz)
-- Center -- JBL N-CenterII (90db 125w max - 80hz -20khz)
-- Sub -- 8&quot; isobaric dual front port ....(having troubles tring to find this little puppy online) model AP-A80 &nbsp;...the emblum on the front is 2 D's ....first D is backwards and the second D is normal ....i had taken it appart to find anything out about it but it has a dinky amp and a dinky woofer ...so its probably a POS ...sounds not bad though gives extra thump anyhow ...lol

To give you an answer you'd have to put the unit on the bench and measure the output, though I'm sure similar Sony receiver measurements can be found online.

i have no ways of testing it ..and iv been looking around online for my model and the TRU power it is capable of ...

another question ...could is it possable to increase the power in them ....just wondering if i can get any more headroom thats all ...my speakers are aching for more power ...not alot more ...just a little ...</font>

CyboLynx

CyboLynx

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>also ...i have run my amp for a year now ...i havent really turned it off ...is this a bad thing im always using it and its on all the time 90% of the time ...</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis