Sony SAV-500 to HDMI eArc or Digital output??

D

dallasito monito

Audiophyte
I have a Sony SAV-500 home theater system with only the two towers and a sub that I cannot figure out how to convert the eARC out from my Samsung television. There is a digital audio output as well but the SAV-500 only has red and white input along with speaker wire inputs as well for the 3 missing (left, center and right). Is there a converter that would help me or is it not possible?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What tv particularly? The digital output on your tv is optical or coaxial? No analog output? It likely doesn't have the 5.1 analog outputs your SAVA500 is capable of in any case. You might be able to get some sort of converter You might look into an hdmi audio extractor, or maybe an optical/coax to analog converter, likely the best you'll get is 2.0 rather than 5.1, but I don't really follow that sort of product (all my gear has hdmi input/output as needed).

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I have a Sony SAV-500 home theater system with only the two towers and a sub that I cannot figure out how to convert the eARC out from my Samsung television. There is a digital audio output as well but the SAV-500 only has red and white input along with speaker wire inputs as well for the 3 missing (left, center and right). Is there a converter that would help me or is it not possible?
If your Samsung TV has a digital optical out, then use an optical to analog converter.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Wow, haven't seen one of those systems in a long time. If your TV has eARC, then it is a newer model that does not have analog audio outputs and you will need an optical to analog converter such as was suggested to convert the digital signal from the optical output of the TV.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis