S

stum

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I have a Sony STR-DE885 and wish to connect another set of speakers to run at the same time. &nbsp;System has A or B or Off settings. No A and B,

Any workaround? Or I'm thinking of connecting second speakers in parallel using low volumes and toggle switch

8 Ohms for each set of speakers.

I know, I know shoulda bought the 985 with 2nd room hookup.

Thanks</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>The reason I suspect SONY decided not to give A+B on this reciever is probably due to its inability to drive two sets of speakers in parallel and you run the risk of damaging it if you do so. There are many used power amps on e-bay at a low cost and they will do this job with a plomb without any risks, I would suggest you look into this angle too.</font>

S

stum

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Thanks for the comment. &nbsp;I do have a Harmon Kardon Receiver in the living room, these are the speakers I wish to use. &nbsp;Can I have some sort of output from the Sony into the HK and therfore run the speakers?

My objective is to have the music source (digital music from satellite) playing on both systems.

Music-&gt;Sony (Speakers)-&gt;HK(speakers)

Thanks</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>You can run any line level output from the SONY to your HK receiver.</font>

S

stum

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Thanks, I tried tape-out to tape-in, but it did not work. Probably too far.

Any other suggestions?

Appreciate the help.</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>Just one question, did you select the source for your tape out on the SONY receiver? For instance, if you want the CD to be played by both receivers, did you select CD out on your SONY?</font>

S

stum

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>DONE. Thanks for your help. I had to send another feed from the satellite to the receiver (audio into the pre-amp) to get audio out from the tape-out. (I'm using digital input which bypasses pre-amp)

Sounds Great in both rooms.

BTW distance is close to 60' &nbsp;
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis