Sony Pearl VPL-VW50 1080p $6,290.65

Tsunamii

Tsunamii

Full Audioholic
LCDs and LCoS RPTVs weren't all Sony had to show off today, they also displayed the eagerly-awaited smaller, cheaper and more efficient followup to their Ruby VPL-VW100 front projector, the Pearl VPL-VW50. Featuring the same third-generation .61-inch microdisplay that powers the RPTVs, this 1080p projector comes with a 200-watt lamp producing 900 lumens of brightness, two HDMI inputs as well and one component input for all the 1920x1080 high definition content you can feed it...

http://www.hdbeat.com/2006/08/30/sony-pearl-vpl-vw50-1080p-sxrd-projector-shown-dated-and-priced/

MMMmmmmmmmm 1080P price drops.......

M

MAX661

Audioholic
the US MSRP for the pearl is $5499.00 lowest advertised price allowed is $4999.99 and it comes out in october.

Tsunamii

Tsunamii

Full Audioholic
Event Better, Im glad I have stuck it out with my Plasma, these deals just keep getting better.

Does the bulb cost $999 like the Ruby? Soon projectors will be like inkjet printers where they'll give them away and the cost of bulbs will make up the bulk of profits... lol.

L

LEVESQUE

Junior Audioholic
Clint DeBoer said:
Does the bulb cost $999 like the Ruby?
No. The Pearl is not using a Xenon bulb, but a UHP bulb. So the price of the bulb should be around 1/2 the price.

Cine4Home just finished reviewing the new Sony "Pearl" (in german only) and here's a pic of the Pearl UHP bulb:

M

M Lo

Enthusiast
Hi fellows,
Would you please know the basic differences between this projector and the VPL-VW100? I actually do not know!! They look to have the same amount of features. By now the only notable difference to me is the bulb type.

Thanks for the reply!

Best,

M Lo

M

M Lo

Enthusiast
Hi Htholic,
Thanks for the reply.
Sorry for my late reply. I was away from computers for some days.
Thanks also for the link.
I will have a look at it.

Best,

M Lo :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis