Sony Has The Last Laugh

Chopper Greg

Chopper Greg

Audioholic
Thanks for the help.
I'm not saying that it is the problem, but it is definitely something to consider.

Something you might think about, is if you have another computer in the house that is hooked directly to the internet, rather than using the hub, you might consider getting a 5GHz only router and setting up a totally separate 5GHz LAN for only the 360.

As it is, I going to go to a separate ( and more secure ) non-internet 5GHz LAN just for my 360 and my Windows 7 Media edition notebook to talk to each other, rather than using my current 2.4 GHz LAN that everything else uses.

S

skers_54

Full Audioholic
I'm not saying that it is the problem, but it is definitely something to consider.

Something you might think about, is if you have another computer in the house that is hooked directly to the internet, rather than using the hub, you might consider getting a 5GHz only router and setting up a totally separate 5GHz LAN for only the 360.

As it is, I going to go to a separate ( and more secure ) non-internet 5GHz LAN just for my 360 and my Windows 7 Media edition notebook to talk to each other, rather than using my current 2.4 GHz LAN that everything else uses.
Coincidentally, my dad's router died Friday night. He picked up a dual band Linksys router and a new 5 GHz wireless adapter for the 360. It seems to have fixed the problem. My brothers were able to play the 360 and ps3 on-line at the same time without any issues. In the past 4 days, the 360 has only dropped once and that was before my dad finished configuring the network. So it would appear to have been either interference or a crappy router. Either way, it's working well now. Thanks again.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis